Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Daytona Gray/Black. 6-speed and all options. Not even unpacked til Monday.
Gonna be a looooong weekend.......
james

teaser...

·
Registered
274 Posts
how can you leave your car with some stranger dealer!!

you outta just go sleep in it!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Managed to get a decent photo in I think !! This is a great car. Forget what anybody else says (I have owned Porsche Aston Martin Maserati etc) and this is the best all round performer I have ever come across. The grip is so good it is dangerous as you feel you can corner at any speed. The paddles on my RTronic take some getting used to as am used to bigger fixed paddles that dont move with the wheel but the gearstick shifts it beautifully if you want to corner with one hand on the wheel (I cant do the keep your hands at 3 / 9 oclock like we were told at the track day). My son gets me to take him out for a drive every night and he's never asked before and the kids at school think its a spaceship with all the LED lights etc !!! Certainly goes like one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Managed to get a decent photo in I think !! This is a great car. Forget what anybody else says (I have owned Porsche Aston Martin Maserati etc) and this is the best all round performer I have ever come across. The grip is so good it is dangerous as you feel you can corner at any speed. The paddles on my RTronic take some getting used to as am used to bigger fixed paddles that dont move with the wheel but the gearstick shifts it beautifully if you want to corner with one hand on the wheel (I cant do the keep your hands at 3 / 9 oclock like we were told at the track day). My son gets me to take him out for a drive every night and he's never asked before and the kids at school think its a spaceship with all the LED lights etc !!! Certainly goes like one.
At least you get to stay close(r) with your son now. Which is always a good thing.

It's somehow weird to keep the hands at 3/9, I never felt it's the right thing to do. But after all the professional drivers telling me the same thing ... I try to do it (when I remember).

·
Registered
149 Posts
I am not an expert but maybe somebody else can tell the facts. Are track cars set up with different gearing ratio between the steering wheel and the actual wheels so that less movement of the hands is needed to turn and you dont have to crossover with your hands much. This would make the 3/9 o'clock hand position more usable - only a guess? A lot of the saloon car racers with onboard camera I have watched seem to only have one hand on the wheel most of the time anyway.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I am not an expert but maybe somebody else can tell the facts. Are track cars set up with different gearing ratio between the steering wheel and the actual wheels so that less movement of the hands is needed to turn and you dont have to crossover with your hands much. This would make the 3/9 o'clock hand position more usable - only a guess? A lot of the saloon car racers with onboard camera I have watched seem to only have one hand on the wheel most of the time anyway.
Typically the bends don't require more than 180 degrees so you don't need to swap hands

1 - 8 of 8 Posts