·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody remember where the outside temp sensor is located? :confused:

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I seem to remember its located near the rear bumper under the engine bay..that's why it creeps up when you are stationary in traffic.Particularly in hot weather.

I have seen 44C on mine when it is 3OC outside

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to know that ...That's super hot. :):eek:

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
It's in the right front grill, near the tow hook receptical. Below the right headlight (passenger side on a LHD car) there are 3 black vanes. The bottom one can be removed by pulling it straight forward. You do so to screw in the tow hook. The temp sensor is right there too.

mt

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
See the picture.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Regarding possible erroneous Outside Air Temp readings, has anyone noticed how HOT it get's in the trunk/bonnet? Here in AZ, it will melt ice in a cooler in a matter of minutes. I'm headed to CA tomorrow and am going to try & find a thermometer to see just how hot it gets. Hope it doesn't burst!

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
R84ME, don't worry about under bonnet temps exploding your ice chest here in California ! :) If you line the trunk with a plastic bag you may be able to carry a couple of 30 packs of Tecate Light and ice !! Just kidding...NO drinking and driving ! That pic I sent you of the R8 road in Az...a 30 pack was hanging off my saddle. 115 degrees /7 hr. ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts