Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and Gentlemen, we have all posted many photos of our cars, and many of us have our cars featured in our avatars, we also converse with each other using our login i.d.'s. I was wondering if any of us would like to put a real face to our online identities? So how about posting a photo of yourselves with your R8?

Here's me with mine!

A good day out.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts
Kudos for starting this thread Dave! Will be interesting to see the faces behind all the posts. Understanbly not everyone will post a pic of themselves here but hopefully some will.

I just realised I don't have a pic of myself next to my R8 but here's me next to the Gen2 during the Audi driving Experience in Singapore. :cool:

HowieR8.jpg

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
FYI - I'm sure this means something totally different where you're from, but the translation of this in US English is pretty bad.
Yikes, I wasn't aware of that. Here in the UK it is slang for a secret agent - James Bond, etc.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FYI - I'm sure this means something totally different where you're from, but the translation of this in US English is pretty bad.
I know that meaning and it is too, it is the same in U.K. English but other meanings are ghost or Secret Agent, so I'd like to think Trev was implying I look like 007 LoL.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kudos for starting this thread Dave! Will be interesting to see the faces behind all the posts. Understanbly not everyone will post a pic of themselves here but hopefully some will.

I just realised I don't have a pic of myself next to my R8 but here's me next to the Gen2 during the Audi driving Experience in Singapore. :cool:

Doesn't take much courage to post a photo, thanks Howie for contributing.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I didn't realize how few pictures I have with me in them. I'm usually the one taking the picture. I did find a couple. The first one was the day I bought it. I must have been RTFM. LOL
IMG_20161029_145916956_HDR.jpg IMG_20161029_145924317_HDR.jpg

Here I am at COTA. . .three days of blissful pleasure.
16832045_1234624689924658_7009517890982558949_n.jpg

·
Registered
518 Posts
Ladies and Gentlemen, we have all posted many photos of our cars, and many of us have our cars featured in our avatars, we also converse with each other using our login i.d.'s. I was wondering if any of us would like to put a real face to our online identities? So how about posting a photo of yourselves with your R8?

Here's me with mine!

View attachment 235852
Dapper Dave!!

You know, I don't have my R8 anymore and I don't think in the near on two years I owned it I had a single picture with both the car and I together... sorry, I just need a moment...<wipes tears>...!

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Dapper Dave!!

You know, I don't have my R8 anymore and I don't think in the near on two years I owned it I had a single picture with both the car and I together... sorry, I just need a moment...<wipes tears>...!
Didn't know you'd parted company with your R8 Markos. What do you have now?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Didn't know you'd parted company with your R8 Markos. What do you have now?
I've downgraded in a big way Trev and got something to see me through a year or two... it's a... it's a... Volvo!! Was hard for me to type that... 5-cylinder turbo makes it kinda fun as I've never had a turbo car before but it clearly can't compare on any level to the R8... Was only ever supposed to own the R8 for 6 months but I ended up having it much longer. I knew the costs of rings/wedding/honeymoon coupled with a softer economy meant it was time to say goodbye. Gone, but not forgotten...

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
I've downgraded in a big way Trev and got something to see me through a year or two... it's a... it's a... Volvo!! Was hard for me to type that... 5-cylinder turbo makes it kinda fun as I've never had a turbo car before but it clearly can't compare on any level to the R8... Was only ever supposed to own the R8 for 6 months but I ended up having it much longer. I knew the costs of rings/wedding/honeymoon coupled with a softer economy meant it was time to say goodbye. Gone, but not forgotten...
Kudos for admitting to owning a Volvo, Markos. Only kidding. You've owned an R8 which is a lot more than many people will achieve and you've now moved on to another chapter in your life. Hope all goes well for you.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Kudos for admitting to owning a Volvo, Markos. Only kidding. You've owned an R8 which is a lot more than many people will achieve and you've now moved on to another chapter in your life. Hope all goes well for you.
Haha! It's something I've got to take on the chin Trev :D I never thought I'd own a Volvo ever – and it did raise a few eyebrows going from an R8 to that – but it was the right thing to do at the time... I think!

I still check the ads for R8s and some of the prices of early V10s do get me thinking... but then I wonder what other restrictions the Mayor of London will have in store in future to penalise car owners and am then quite happy with my Volvo :D

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dapper Dave!!

I know the feeling Markos after having to sell my E-Type years ago, took a long time to get back into something I liked.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts