Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
randomly got a check engine light. I drove the car for a while parked for a bit and when i got back in was just reversing slowly and the mil came on. My scan tool wouldn't read it so went to advance earlier and they said p0174 p0303 p0310 p0306 and p0300. I'm not sure if the misfire codes were just stored codes or new, my scan tool said the last time codes were cleared was 5,500 miles ago. I installed a new intake a couple weeks ago but have drove it a few hundred miles since then so I would think it would have set it off before now if they were a problem, i was worried it would run lean anyways with the setup i went with but it seemed fine ran a whole lot better after installing them, only issue i noticed was once or twice in a parking lot the rpms went up for no reason while sitting still. i would think it would be running lean on both banks if they were the issue, ill post a pic let me know if if anyone thinks its a little overkill and could be the problem. I'm planning on taking them off tomorrow and checking for any leaks. Anyone know if i need some kind of gasket in between the maf and housing on Carbonio intakes? would i be safe clearing the codes and driving it after i check for leaks or should i switch back to stock intakes for now. I was planning on getting a apr tune soon, would that help, is there a way to richen it up with the apr tune? And thoughts on the misfire codes? I don't have a vag com need to get one but the scan tool i do have should be able to monitor most sensors if someone can tell me what i need to be looking for. thanks.
5D0928BD-0F33-4B40-8118-84EE80489CB7.jpeg

·
Registered
54 Posts
I got lean condition codes on both banks when I had an intake installed without tuning. iirc the conditions occurred at like 2400 rpm. Threw the stock filter back on, cleared the codes and haven’t had an issue since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ugh I hope that’s not the case or at least hope a tune will correct it. The intakes really brought the car to life, you can just tell it’s breathing better, sounds better and noticeable power increase. But that’s what I was thinking is it would have a code on both banks if they were the problem and that weird rpm increase it was doing kinda makes me think it’s a leak but I triple checked everything when I put them on so idk

·
Registered
51 Posts
I put on the stm intake tubes and ended up getting misfire codes at every cold start. Turned out i didnt have the hoses clamped as much as i thought the throttle body side. Worth checking again. Dealer ended up tightening down and havent had a misfire since. Running pipercross filters with intake inlets and no tune.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks i already went ahead and took them all off the other day and checked everything didn’t see anything but did a better job putting it back together this time. Went ahead and cleared the codes, but only have drove it a hour or so since but nothings popped back up yet. Tried to data log with a scan tool I had but it was only wanting to read one bank so I used just a handheld scanner and was only able to watch it at start up and idle since it doesn’t log but both mafs were reading the same and both o2s were reading the same so doesn’t appear to be a difference between the banks now, so hopefully it was just a leak. Guess I need to go ahead and by a vagcom, need to code out my spoiler anyways.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I got those codes with the rep filters, went back to stock and I’ve been good. I have a vf tune and reid tubes

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Yes and misfires

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok thought I was fine after redoing the intakes but it finally got a check engine light again this time it’s both banks so definitely the intakes not a leak, no misfires this time. Does anyone know if a APR tune will fix this? I know they say their tune changes the a/f mix.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok found my problem mafs were leaking. Guess it wasn’t actually running lean just sucking in air right where the maf meets the housing. Currently trying to rig something up to get them to seal properly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts