Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just tried to get my 2014 R8 smog and it failed due to a P060A code for the ICM.
Anyone have this code before? No one seems to have seen this.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just tried to get my 2014 R8 smog and it failed due to a P060A code for the ICM.
That’s a internal processing error code for the pcm/ecu. Not really sure if it has anything to do emissions but somethings up with your control modules communication.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,463 Posts
Did you ever find out if the car was tuned, or what the root cause of your manifold problem was? I wonder if there's a connection here.

Reactions: RV8

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you ever find out if the car was tuned, or what the root cause of your manifold problem was? I wonder if there's a connection here.
It was tuned. It had a APR 93 Stage 1 tune on it with aggressive timing. So I flashed that to a 91 octane, and then I got this. I assume that is related. Taking it back to the APR dealer place to either clear it, or reflash it.

I called APR with my VIN (they were super helpful), and they were able to verify. I refreshed and transferred the warranty over ($260 total)

·
Registered
540 Posts
It was tuned. It had a APR 93 Stage 1 tune on it with aggressive timing. So I flashed that to a 91 octane, and then I got this. I assume that is related. Taking it back to the APR dealer place to either clear it, or reflash it.

I called APR with my VIN (they were super helpful), and they were able to verify. I refreshed and transferred the warranty over ($260 total)
I would clear all codes after getting flashed, then see if it comes back. You should invest in Obdeleven.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would clear all codes after getting flashed, then see if it comes back. You should invest in Obdeleven.
Update - it is at the dealership, as refreshing to OEM stock config didn't remove it. Hoping it will drop off, otherwise the ECU has damage which is an expensive fix.

·
Registered
540 Posts
They need to flash to stock and then clear all codes. Flashing the car doesn't clear codes on its own.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They need to flash to stock and then clear all codes. Flashing the car doesn't clear codes on its own.
Yeah, did that.

I dropped it off at the dealership and they did a scan. They said they have seen this before, it is pretty rare. But the code does drop off after 200 miles, or 15 driving cycles.

They reset everything and said I cannot plug in my ODBII otherwise it will reset it. So they said to drive it and then bring it back after that 200 miles and it should be gone.

I will let you know, given how weird this all is. Thanks for the help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts