Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hy Guys,

since I am not with the OEM paddle shifters (I hate them), I am looking for a solution, I first installed the Neidfaktor paddle shifter exstension, very beautiful to look at, but they cause problems with the button as it has the tendency to “bend " When you press it at the farthest point, so I thought of having a carbon support built where then installing a paddle for racing cars, like MME Motorsports, installation is feasible, the only problem I found is that: it seems that the Paddle OEM does not have a simple open / closed signal as I thought, (I thought the three cables were ground / signal / led supply) but that in reality they are in CANBUS, can anyone tell me if this is the case?
because checking with the tester I find no signal continuity

I leave two photos of what I found, as an alternative, then the paddles can always be replaced with something more cured always in carbon

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
181 Posts
I believe they are canbus devices since they have to be registered with the car if you get a replacement (so, they are not simple momentary switches...)

I am thinking about buying a pair of cheap paddle extensions from fleebay, gluing them to the internals of the original paddle shifters, and carbon fiber laminating the whole thing.

They will certainly be sturdy, be much cheaper than some of the aftermarket solutions, and look good.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe they are canbus devices since they have to be registered with the car if you get a replacement (so, they are not simple momentary switches...)

I am thinking about buying a pair of cheap paddle extensions from fleebay, gluing them to the internals of the original paddle shifters, and carbon fiber laminating the whole thing.

They will certainly be sturdy, be much cheaper than some of the aftermarket solutions, and look good.
Hi!

have you ever taken them apart to see how they are made in? they have a really inexpensive button and the whole set is made of sturdy plastic, the ones I have on the Gt3 991 are quite another (and work as a momentary button)

·
Registered
181 Posts
I am glad you've asked :)

Inside the paddle switch, there is a printed circuit board. The back of it seems to be a little busier than what is needed for a momentary switch (then again, Germans are known to be famous for overdesigning at times :)). Without destroying the actual circuit board, it is impossible to see if they have any components on the other side of the board (the other side is mostly covered by the actual switch. No clue what is under it though...

Given that dealer said I need reprogramming, I am assuming this is canbus. Maybe someone has some better info...

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am glad you've asked :)

Inside the paddle switch, there is a printed circuit board. The back of it seems to be a little busier than what is needed for a momentary switch (then again, Germans are known to be famous for overdesigning at times :)). Without destroying the actual circuit board, it is impossible to see if they have any components on the other side of the board (the other side is mostly covered by the actual switch. No clue what is under it though...

Given that dealer said I need reprogramming, I am assuming this is canbus. Maybe someone has some better info...

we hope that someone here in the forum can tell us something more

1 - 5 of 5 Posts