Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
X-Pel on Front Bumper, Full hood, Mirrors, Ceramic-Pro for film over that.
Rest of the car Ceramic- Pro 9H, 4 coats covered with Ceramic-Pro Lite.
Lifetime Warranty.

All done by Automobilia in West Haven, CT.

Great service and great guys over there.

Car finish looks like glass. :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, and Ceramic-Pro 2800*F coating on Wheels and Calipers too.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
222 Posts
Car can't be dirty if it has been ceramic coated! Should look like a spotless mirror with the dirt coming off of it right under the rain lol

·
Registered
533 Posts
Car can't be dirty if it has been ceramic coated! Should look like a spotless mirror with the dirt coming off of it right under the rain lol
Haha, this is mostly true actually! I absolutely trashed the R8 yesterday at a local C&C due to unexpected heavy snow in the morning. It warmed up enough in the afternoon for a wash and it’s just so simple to maintain the car with a good coating. I’ve had cars coated since 2011 and will never go back to waxing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Haha, this is mostly true actually! I absolutely trashed the R8 yesterday at a local C&C due to unexpected heavy snow in the morning. It warmed up enough in the afternoon for a wash and it’s just so simple to maintain the car with a good coating. I’ve had cars coated since 2011 and will never go back to waxing!

I am interested in getting something like this done. How would you describe the difference in the coating versus non coating?

·
Registered
533 Posts
I haven’t waxed a car since 2011. Not a joke! These new coatings are awesome. They protect the finish from all sorts of environmental and nature grief. The key is in the surface prep and the coating application. Find a good shop and have it done. After that, maintaining is a snap. I have experience with GTechniq, CQuartz and Ceramic Pro at this point. I’d rank CP and GTech ahead of CQuartz for durability and ease of maintenance.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've been happy with my CP 9H so far. Had all painted surfaces done (including door sills), glass, and wheels removed and barrels coated. Has made it immensely easier to keep the car clean, especially the rims with Audi and their notoriously bad brake dust. I had PPF done on the front bumper, headlights, and hood as well and they CP'd over top the PPF. A quick rinse, no soap, and the leaf blower/microfiber dry keeps it looking in top form.

The shop I used had a little video professionally shot of some work on my car: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_bpPrK09UA

·
Registered
533 Posts
I've been happy with my CP 9H so far. Had all painted surfaces done (including door sills), glass, and wheels removed and barrels coated. Has made it immensely easier to keep the car clean, especially the rims with Audi and their notoriously bad brake dust. I had PPF done on the front bumper, headlights, and hood as well and they CP'd over top the PPF. A quick rinse, no soap, and the leaf blower/microfiber dry keeps it looking in top form.

The shop I used had a little video professionally shot of some work on my car: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_bpPrK09UA
Hahaha, I love the CP Auto Spa team! I saw this video on their FB page. I did the same PPF and CP coating on top of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Anyone get pricing for a spyder wrapped with xpel??? Trying to gauge an approximate cost

1 - 13 of 13 Posts