Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dropped the car off with a trusted shop I know well today to have my cross brace painted. Should have it back by the weekend so pretty excited for that.

I feel like a struggle with the black cars is the fact that so much of the car is black and doesn't necessarily create enough interest. To that end I had the roof and engine vents ppf'd in matte to give a bit of contrast. I also added a matt custom design on the hood and plan to use red in small splashes around the car.

Will post some pics when complete, but here is the shade of red we landed on! Sort of a deep, not overly bright red that sort of matches the tail lights and the R8 badging.

Stay tuned...

Attachments

·
Vendor
262 Posts
Dropped the car off with a trusted shop I know well today to have my cross brace painted. Should have it back by the weekend so pretty excited for that.

I feel like a struggle with the black cars is the fact that so much of the car is black and doesn't necessarily create enough interest. To that end I had the roof and engine vents ppf'd in matte to give a bit of contrast. I also added a matt custom design on the hood and plan to use red in small splashes around the car.

Will post some pics when complete, but here is the shade of red we landed on! Sort of a deep, not overly bright red that sort of matches the tail lights and the R8 badging.

Stay tuned...
Very cool. In for updates!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Interested in final results! Mine is Mythos originally too.

The black is satin and the green is gloss. It makes for a great texture change and looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But you didn't have them do the rear bolts as well!
Here is an update photo with it going back in. Pretty happy so far.
Will send a final pic when the carbon panels are back in and it is all done.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am told 30 ft lbs at the rear and 25 for the front bolts fyi

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All finished and very happy. It clearly pops but ties in very well with the tail lights, third brake light above the engine bay, and any of the other red Audi bits - especially in person and from different angles.

Sort of makes the show piece part of the car more of a show piece if that makes sense?

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And here's a close up.

NYCR8, very similar to your obviously. Great taste.

Attachments

·
Registered
559 Posts
Looks really good. Worth doing. Pondering it on my car.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Just painted both our rws body color and our huracan red to match the brakes...what a cool and easy mod

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Pointless little mod that makes you feel good when looking at it... I would do it but my car is silver and only really looks good on cars with nice body colors like the blue, red and of course Black cars can get away with any color and match the break calibers. Wish my car wasn't just plan silver.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts