Audi R8 Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Pointless little mod that makes you feel good when looking at it... I would do it but my car is silver and only really looks good on cars with nice body colors like the blue, red and of course Black cars can get away with any color and match the break calibers. Wish my car wasn't just plan silver.
Then you should grab some wood and paint a wooden cross like a did. ?

·
Registered
348 Posts
I did the intake manifold in copper burnt orange and center mesh in silver , brace in car color .
edited-image_zps54j2jat3.PNG
edited-image_zps9gvckdhp.PNG
edited-image_zpsfsehne2n.PNG

Reactions: MAR8 and Genesis7

·
Registered
348 Posts
Did you have your car painted or is that a wrap. Looks great!
Thanks . Original ordered PTS color car [ Porsche color Mexico blue]

·
Registered
348 Posts
Sick love it!!! Is the cover plastic never paid attention to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which cover ? intake manifold is plastic , center mash is metal

·
Registered
348 Posts
What type of paint did you use and any special preparation for the intake manifold?
I take it you stripped it all down?
Manifold has very rough surface from the factory , I didn't strip anything . I used wax and grease remover solvent to clean the surface before painting

·
Registered
348 Posts
I used these on the intake manifold. 8 months and 6K miles since I did it . Everything is nice today just like it was when I got it done .

20200123_114651.jpg
20200123_114741.jpg
20200123_114801.jpg

·
Registered
69 Posts
Searched all over the internet and cannot find what size socket to use when removing the center mesh. I know it's a 12 spline/triple square torx, but what size is it? Some have said T30 but cannot find a T30 triple square anywhere online.

·
Registered
Switzer GTR, Protomotive 996TT, RS4, 17 Suzuka R8
20 Posts
What products are you folks using to paint the cross brace? Or are you taking it to a shop to do it?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Searched all over the internet and cannot find what size socket to use when removing the center mesh. I know it's a 12 spline/triple square torx, but what size is it? Some have said T30 but cannot find a T30 triple square anywhere online.
5 bolts on center mesh take #6 , 4 brace bolts take #10 . I picked up my set at local Autozone , it's made by Duralast .
20200616_194258.jpg

·
Registered
386 Posts
I don't think that they can be called T30 (that is the designation for torx bits). You need triple square (goes with MXX). They are available in Amazon

21 - 38 of 38 Posts