Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All paintwork correction processes are personally undertaken by Mike Tawekjian, founder and owner of Pro Mobile Auto Detail.

Instead of getting your car expensively re-sprayed, which may even affect its originality and resale value; why not ask about Pro Detail’s paintwork correction service? Mike can decontaminate the paintwork, remove scratches, bird stains, water marks, swirl marks, machine buffer marks, and holograms, cob webbing and micro-marring and restore the paintwork back to its original color if it has faded.

Have a look at the 'before and after' photographs of various cars in the gallery, or see our Video under car folio, to see what we have been able to do for previous customers.

Pre-treatment and paintwork Quality Inspection

This service is provided on a one-to-one basis, to help you decide the level of application your car requires or to assess the standard of your car's paintwork. New cars, for example, can be inspected for paint defects before collection.

On arrival, the following schedule will apply:

1.Digital Paintwork Readings
Paint levels will be measured in microns and then Mike will confirm what will be required to remove any paint defects. At this stage, you can find out if panels have been re-sprayed.

2.Panel Test
As part of Pro Detail demonstration, a panel of the car, usually one wing or half of the Hood, will be systematically prepared.

3.In-depth Consultation
An explanation of paintwork preparation, rejuvenation and protection techniques, with a review of further treatments such as interior care. A guide to cleaning your vehicle(s) correctly will follow, to ensure that you do not introduce light scratches or swirl marks once the paintwork has been corrected.

Paintwork Correction Prosses
This removes the minimum amount of paint (1 or 2 microns out of, say, 120-140) but to the maximum effect. In most cases, scratches, swirl marks, buffer marks, micro-marring, cob webbing and hologram effects can be totally removed from all types of paintwork, including scratch-resistant ceramic clear coats.

Firstly, the paintwork is measured for thickness using digital paint depth gauges, which are capable of reading down to 1 micron. Depending on the paint thickness, it is then carefully re-leveled by 1 or 2 microns, so that any minor scratches swirl marks, buffer marks, holograms or micro-marring in the paint's clear coat are totally removed.

This also restores dull or faded paintwork to its original glory, as light can be perfectly reflected from this newly un-oxidized and re-leveled surface, before any polishes, cleansers and waxes are applied. Customers who have experienced this service often compare its effect to a full re-spray at a fraction of the cost and inconvenience.

And some have even said that the paintwork looks better than when it was new, thanks to Mike's extensive finishing techniques.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Mike , You should investigate the Concorso Italiano on Aug 14th. A BIG GTG of pure EXOTICA . should be awesome. [email protected]. I will meet with you tomorrow for an inspection on my Jet Blue R8. I am convinced that she needs a color-sanding as I can see some orange peel here and there.I will call you around noonish and meet you a little later at the beach area. Thanks Bud. :)

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was Pleasure Meeting with you Mr. Harrison as we discus I we’ll call you to do the miner touch up and take care of the head light. And I did register for the concorso and I will see you rest of R8 enthusiast on Aug. 14th

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.