Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!

I just wanted to share a few teaser pics of my Papaya Orange with you guys. The photographs were taken by my nephew with a point and shoot canon.

Key things to note:

-he's NOT a photographer
-recording file size was not set to maximum
-the white balance was not adjusted properly
-photo host has compressed the image and as a result the color is also a bit off

The car is still sitting at the dealership awaiting its final touches and I'm also waiting for this typhoon to exhaust itself before I take her home finally - after almost a year in angst!

I'll update this thread somewhat regularly with better pictures when I have time.

Cheers!

Based on my recollection (and my current display settings), the last image is most indicative of what the actual color looks like, while the others are a bit too dark/"pumpkin'ish" :p

·
Registered
50 Posts
That's a wild colour! A bit too flashy for my tastes, but I still think it looks great. You must be ecstatic after such a long wait.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a wild colour! A bit too flashy for my tastes, but I still think it looks great. You must be ecstatic after such a long wait.
Hello SiNzz!

It is indeed a wild color! Back in my youth, I had a 1977 BMW 320i in more or less the same shade and I guess I really wanted something just as striking.

This isn't my car, but it's definitely something I still admire today. Luckily my original car is still in the family - handed down to above mentioned nephew. Sorry it's not an R8 :eek:

At the risk of being instantly unpopular - I found the current available factory paints to be incredibly boring for such a beautiful design. Of course with that said, since the car is so beautiful, I think it could look stunning in just about any shade as long as it pleases (or fries) the respective owner's eyes :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
That's awesome. I can see why you went with that colour. Must be a great feeling to look back at that car and then see how far you've come to be able to custom order something like an R8 in that shade! How are you enjoying it so far?

·
Registered
62 Posts
nothing sweeter than a dream realized! "A man without a goal is like a ship without a rudder"---I'm ordering mine tomorrow! Question? I have heard the papaya orange adds to your lead time? I have also heard the paint job is in the $7,000 range? Is this true? Did you get CF sideblades? Orange stitching? Would love to know more...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's awesome. I can see why you went with that colour. Must be a great feeling to look back at that car and then see how far you've come to be able to custom order something like an R8 in that shade! How are you enjoying it so far?
It's a great feeling indeed! I just brought her home 2 days ago and I still have a grin on my face. I haven't had much time to spend with her, but hopefully this weekend I'll get to know her a little better. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nothing sweeter than a dream realized! "A man without a goal is like a ship without a rudder"---I'm ordering mine tomorrow! Question? I have heard the papaya orange adds to your lead time? I have also heard the paint job is in the $7,000 range? Is this true? Did you get CF sideblades? Orange stitching? Would love to know more...
Spoken like a true captain to his ship!

Originally I ordered the car in black and then it was after I went to the factory in Neckarsulm that I discovered that I could order the car in just about any color did I decide to change things up immediately upon my return home.

I was slated to receive my black R8 before April. The car arrived almost a month ago so it took an additional 6 months or so. I'm pretty sure my black R8 got built and somebody got a nice surprise with an early delivery!

Price for the paint is about that much, but you should inquire at your dealer for more precise information. I also have the CF sideblades, with orange stitching plus orange seating surfaces.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Very nice. Well, I'm sure you deserve it. Thanks for the info---please post PICS when you have time. Everybody wants me to order it in white or red, but I must have been hit by a branch from the papaya tree as I cannot get it out of my head! Congrats again!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi HKTR8, do you have any more photos of this color in outdoor lighting? It's a very nice color and I'm trying to decide which to go for.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Congrat and welcome. We met a few weeks ago in the Lijaing trip and hopefully we can get together with the rest of the R8s in HK soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts