Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a RWS 2018 and I'm getting excess noise from what I believe is my rotors/brakes. I have brought my car to Audi 5 times and they say while my car is louder than the test car they have, no fix is needed as performance is not affected and nothing seems to be wrong.

I was wondering if anyone knows if the Hawk Performance Ceramic Brake Pads fit the 2018 R8 with SS wave rotors, and if so , what the part numbers are?

Thanks!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Please remember that the ceramic pads chew the standard rotors down. In CC setups the discs are ceramic as well as the pads. They don't wear down as quick. I do not know where you live but have you tried running the car at the highest speed possible and applying hard braking for about 10 times in a row then drive it slow for about 3 or 4 miles to cool them then get home and leave it overnight? Then try them cool the next day and see what happens.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Have it for 2 yrs and the annoying fart noise of the ceramic brakes is gone so like the guy above said just let the brake settle

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually have standard brakes, it must makes a lot of noise, Audi is not helping at all.

Has anyone with standard brakes replaced their pads with aftermarket?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts