Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having trouble deciding what colour to order. I would love to paint the R8 in a Pearl Orange like the Lamborghini. :) Would it be possible?

The PPG paint codes are below:

Orange metallic Arancio Atlas Mic 2CT *0058
Pearl metallic yellow Giallo Orion Mic 2CT *0056

Any ideas? :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm sure Audi would do it for you; they happily painted our S4 Avant in a custom color. It added $$$, and about 3 months extra time. Quattro Gmbh will do 'paint to sample' for $$$ & time.

Time could be a real problem early on, as they will be trying simply to get 'normal' cars delivered, and a special order car will be a headache for them.

In the realm of "speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?", there are a number of supremely good painters in the US, they'll take your finished car & change the color; you'll never know it wasn't always orange!

By the way, that's Exactly the color I want on mine too, and I already know it's going to be a hassle.....plus I want the charcoal gray all-Alcantara interior from the Superleggera..... (maybe I should just go for the G......)

Realistically, it will have to wait for the R10/R12.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.