Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any issues with the pedal positioning in the R8? I noticed my right leg getting fatigued after a long drive and noticed that the left foot rest is deeper in the footwells than the accelerator and brake pedal. I've just tried tacking a small piece of wood on the foot rest to bring it forward and it improved the positioning. Anyone else have issues and/or solutions? I don't suppose the pedal positions can be moved?

Cheers
Mike

·
Registered
193 Posts
I took delivery of mine of Friday and drove something like 550 km (say 350 miles).

No problem whatsoever. Everything felt quite comfortable.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I, on the other hand, felt that the foot rest is too close to me. (we drive on the left hand side though.) it may be the limited space.

The P-car has the pedals positions all messed up for right hand drives too.

·
Registered
226 Posts
on the 6 speed, the clutch pedal has to go a bit farther than I'm use to. I'm only 5-10", so if I was 6-2" it would be perfect.

Also, when I have to shift and brake, my clutch shoe sometimes taps my brake shoe and it's like a hard unexpected brake. I guess that's how it is in a tight space.

Anyone in L.A. around here ? Any thoughts of getting a few cars together and cruising with no purpose or goal ?

·
Registered
193 Posts
In other words I'm lucky, but to make everyone comfortable the footrest should be adjustable, and ideally the pedals also -as they are on the original Lotus Europe built in the '60s-.

·
Registered
150 Posts
There is an issue with the pedal box on the R8 - the clutch is sited to far away, as is the foot rest in RHD cars. You end up with a bent right leg which gives me a bad back ache. Fit bucket seats to help with this.

A poor design by Audi I'm afraid

·
Registered
91 Posts
And because the standard seat base doesn't tilt up, my thighs aren't supported (especially my right thigh) so I end up with a numb bum!

·
Registered
150 Posts
You need the Sports seets Andy, in my opinion, for what it's worth

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thread was pedal placement... got a little sidetracked there for a moment. :)

I've had to buy narrower shoes to drive in (driving shoes?? WTF??), but now it all seems ok. The footrest is much too far away for me, so a little 'adjustment' will be happening there. Some flightcase foam and black laminate will make short work of that though.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have the R tronic so clutch isn't an issue. Its just the foot rest for left foot is too far away. At the moment a piece of wood is there. If you're making a nice wedge with foam and black laminate make me one !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts