Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here in Sweden its possible create the combo of letter/number. ($750)

Maximum 7 letter/number

Its not so common so many combinations are possible.

Can you please help me whith this so it will fit my Black R8

It should be serious or/and fun. Not childish or insolent. (I´m 45)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,363 Posts
My license plate is GRRR8 (GREAT/ R8) But here you can have only 5 letter/numbers.And it costs only $75 USD extra.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
48 Posts
RAT8,
Pick 1 that suits you not necessarily the car. I used to get vanity plates for the car and had to change them out all the time. Now I get plates that match the things I like. (6 characters where I live) TARDIS, SUPRMN, DTHSTR. :) Have fun and you can use it for future cars as well. Let us know what you end up with.

Orion
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,363 Posts
Hey, I look at it just the opposite. I'll let the car stand on its own, and I'll stand on my own. I'm no more an Audi R8 guy than I am a Porsche guy or many many other things as well. The R8 is a great machine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
I thought of getting a personalized tag and could have had AUDIR8, R88, RS8 as well as couple of others but finally decided that the car attracts plenty of attention by itself and is so beautiful I did not want to draw attention to a tag.

It is, of course, a pesonal decision, hence "persoanlized" tags.

Good luck finding one you like. Personally I like fewer letters/numbers. Here in FL you can have up to 7 but only need to use 2.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
RAT8,
Pick 1 that suits you not necessarily the car. I used to get vanity plates for the car and had to change them out all the time. Now I get plates that match the things I like. (6 characters where I live) TARDIS, SUPRMN, DTHSTR. :) Have fun and you can use it for future cars as well. Let us know what you end up with.

Orion
We use to do the same...got tired of giving the plate away with the car...Now I just have my own personalized plate and it travels from car to car with me!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,083 Posts
I had so many people asking me what kind of car the R8 was that I ordered personalized plates..."Audi R8"
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
3,615 Posts
I have "R8 FSI" and "R8 TDI", since for $41 I could daydream of owning bookends. Unfortunately it appears that the second one will probably be an orphan :(

(Apparently one of you guys already has "R8 V10"!)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
R8 are taken but AUDIR8 works but I like GRRRRR8 or GR8 better. GR8EST are maybe little to much. ( they can think I mean my self):)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
I debated this for awhile before settling on STARK 4. Some of the others that got cut...

A GR8 R8, GR8 R8, 1 GR8 R8, NICE R8, COOL R8, QUICK R8, GGRRRR8, SWEET R8, THE R8, ORN8 R8, EXXEL R8, R8 R8 R8.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,121 Posts
Check out my plate. The local police finally made me put a Cal. plate on. Am waiting for Cal. plate that reads: RAZOR 8 What do you think? I wasn't able to post my pic on thread! Will learn how soon I hope.Nevertheless...See Pics of plates in my gallery
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Vanity plates are tough. Its very hard to choose something that won't make you look like a 'tool' as you drive down the road. 80% of the people who see STARK 4 will think its a last name and pass no judgment. The other 20% will recognize it from where it came and it should get a positive response. Now, if could get Robert Downey Jr. to pop out of the car...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,121 Posts
What color combo did Tony Stark have ? What color combo does Robert Downey Jr. have? Jay Leno Has a Jet blue like mine but I don't know the sideblade color or anything else about his R 8 for that matter! RRRRRRR 8 :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
What color combo did Tony Stark have ? What color combo does Robert Downey Jr. have? Jay Leno Has a Jet blue like mine but I don't know the sideblade color or anything else about his R 8 for that matter! RRRRRRR 8 :D
Downey played Iron Man in the movie. I don't know all the colors but from what I see attached, ice silver with daytona grey SB? Who knows and who cares. Didn't know Leno had one. Ive had the car for 3 weeks and have scarcely 400 miles. The plate can say DOUCHEBAG... wouldn't detract from the pure exhilaration of driving a spectacular car.
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top