Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In California it can take up to 6 months to get a personal plate delivered. In Stuttgart Germany the plates are made right before your eyes,Almost Instant gratification. I guess I may wait another month yet. The DEPARTMENT of MOTOR VEHICLES says all is well.I just have to hurry up and wait for " RAZOR 8 " . :eek:

·
Registered
138 Posts
cool... yeah in the uk, you get them pretty much within a week, paperwork etc.. i've had a few 'VIDA' plates on my M3's, and just had a new one made for the R8 (which i still dont have!)

·
Registered
190 Posts
I ordered mine in NY and they said it could take 6 weeks. It took 6 days! That's about the only decent thing to come from an orgnaization whose purpose in life is to delay things

·
Registered
180 Posts
I was told, here in Tx., 6 weeks...I was notified to pick them up in 2.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Less than one week in Ohio, and it's all web based ordering -- very, very nice.

New plate is MMIXR8

Wonder how many people remember Roman numerals.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
FINALLY received Personal plate one year later. Was 'kinda worried that maybe not enough taxes were paid!! Razor as in PPI Razor. Seems a little weak sauce after waiting so freaking long.
:eek: :eek: :eek: AND they made it wrong...should have a space ! RAZOR 8. I think I'll just say screw it and just use this one?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Harrison, man, don't settle for the WRONG plate?? Here in the UK, we can have plates made up within 1-2 days?? (not the licence for, just the plate) i mean surelt, once you have the plate passed, and in your possesion, you can have it made how you like??

i have gotten "V11DA X" for mine, when i get it, told the supplyers to space the X away from the VIDA as far as poss....

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll use this plate untill I get the Bullsh*t corrected. :eek:

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
... AND they made it wrong...should have a space ! RAZOR 8. I think I'll just say screw it and just use this one?
The gents that made the plate are coming over to your house to discuss your concerns :p

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
The gents that made the plate are coming over to your house to discuss your concerns :p

HAHAHAHAH - More like these gents in San Quentin...

Harry - the plate looks great, keep it. You wouldn't want to piss these guys off. They might send someone after RAZOR8 - "WE DID WHAT???"

HAHAHAHAAHAH......

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The pic is waay scarier than the vid. The pic looks like semi-professional KILLERS !! If they were PROs they would not be BUSTED !:eek:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts