Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a link to an up to date listing of available phone cradles for the R8.I got the sony ericsson k800 kit and it works fine,but the phone is getting on,the list I have only has old phones on...nothing for the likes of the nokia N95..anyone got a link to that pdf audi do listing the available adaptors ?

·
Registered
439 Posts
I called the U.S. Audi Advocate Team about a phone cradle. They said that because phone technology is changing so rapidly, Audi is not making a phone cradle for the R8 or its other premium models. It is assumed owners will rely on the Bluetooth technology to link their phones to the car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anyone know what the pinouts are in the center console then? Perhaps a home-brew iPod/iPhone cradle/charger would be possible...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I called the U.S. Audi Advocate Team about a phone cradle. They said that because phone technology is changing so rapidly, Audi is not making a phone cradle for the R8 or its other premium models. It is assumed owners will rely on the Bluetooth technology to link their phones to the car.

Thats weird because I have as I said already bought a phone cradle for my sony ericcson k800i,which works great and here is the link to the original list

http://www.audi.de/etc/medialib/cms4imp/audi2/reports.Par.0085.File.pdf

So obviously whoever you spoke to is clueless.

·
Registered
439 Posts
So obviously whoever you spoke to is clueless.
Well, it wouldn't be the first time.

However, the person I talked to on the Advocate Team told me initially that she didn't have the answers to my questions -- one of which was where would a cradle mount inside the cabin. She did some research and called me back with the answer that no cradle was available for the R8.

I wonder if the cradle you bought in Denmark is available only in Europe. The AudiUSA site says nothing about cradles in the Technology section on communications devices, and my dealer was unable to find a part number for a phone cradle for the R8. (That's what precipitated my call to the Advocate Center.)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, it wouldn't be the first time.

However, the person I talked to on the Advocate Team told me initially that she didn't have the answers to my questions -- one of which was where would a cradle mount inside the cabin. She did some research and called me back with the answer that no cradle was available for the R8.

I wonder if the cradle you bought in Denmark is available only in Europe. The AudiUSA site says nothing about cradles in the Technology section on communications devices, and my dealer was unable to find a part number for a phone cradle for the R8. (That's what precipitated my call to the Advocate Center.)

I am in the UK,and the cradle is located in the armrest.I am intrigued as to why they would offer cradles in the UK but not the USA.It makes a big difference because if I have to use a charger the cigarrette lighter is in a bad position as the charging bit gets in the way of my arm changing gear.
I was going to upgarde the phone but will stick with my current one.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hmmm . . . .

That was my issue, too. I have a Bluetooth-capable Blackberry, but I did not want a power cord stuck in the lighter socket (although at least in the U.S. it doesn't get in the way of changing gears). So I was going to buy an Audi phone and cradle setup such as I used to have in my 2003 S6.

Has anyone who has taken delivery on a U.S.-model car been able to acquire a phone cradle?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Anyone know what the pinouts are in the center console then? Perhaps a home-brew iPod/iPhone cradle/charger would be possible...
Thats the faceplate for the phone cradle, now how do you find the cradle to attach to it?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well that list I posted is correct,so contact an audi dealer in europe and order the part.Mind you it is expensive ..£100 and it took nearly 3 months to arrive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts