295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mmmmmm.... very very nice!
but price is out of mind! :rolleyes:
10000 USD (8800 Euro) for two spoiler :mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
The new V10 front spoiler is basically a hard plastic shiney version of V8 lip. Rear is shiney version with a couple of Weak-sauce fins...better than none ! OOOPS , THESE ARE THE CARBON VERSIONS. I haven't seen this in person but it looks like a huge chunk of money for so little extra carbon. :)

·
Registered
485 Posts
did u say $10K USD??? WTF. I will hand paint them on myself, one checker pattern at a time. Maybe some one sell decal that I can apply on my V8 ; D The two piece is very clean, be nice if we can retro fit the 4 fins we have at the back to two like the v10? I can’t tell from the pic, is everything in black are now CF? I am not sure about the shinny grill on the front either. Love those oval tail pipe.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
IMO the only parts that people should get in carbon fiber are parts that can be noticed easily, like the sideblades and mirrors. But i don't think parts like the rear diffuser that are under the car would get noticed much, i maybe wrong but thats what it seems like.

·
Registered
761 Posts
If at least it was the entire rear diffuser.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
I.M.O. most C.F. is a vanity affair meant to hook us and rip us off. It is STRONG and LIGHTWEIGHT. It is mandatory for peices like spoilers and wings. NOT MANDATORY anywhere else. Mine came with all the carbon. I think the piano black peices on the interior would be just fine with me. Got to go. Leaving on a 5 hour to Monterey as soon as I log off !! Take care !! :):D:):D:):D

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
for LIGHTWEIGHT

-Ceramic brakes are saving another 9kg. EU and ROW only.

-optional Bucket seats are saving 7kg per seat. Again only EU and ROW option.

-in normal non-metalic color since metallic colors adds up to 4kg overall...

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
A funny Frenchman...COOL. :)

·
Registered
761 Posts
my nokia too (8800 Arte) :D :):D
Oh snap! You have a carbon arte as well? haha!

Isn't a cool looking phone but man the buttons are tiny! Drives me nuts texting! That's why I also got an iPhone. To ease some of the pain! :D

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
-in normal non-metalic color since metallic colors adds up to 4kg overall...
North Star:

that's an interesting number...4 kg. seems high ONLY for the metal flakes IN the paint...suppose they could be Lead (Pb) but guess they couldn't sell it in the US without a warning label if it did have lead in it:rolleyes:

do you have an authority for that number? I'm just interested in the technical details

in the famous story of the original "Silver Arrow," (Mercedes W25 of 1934), the car was only 1 kg. over the weight limit when Neubauer and von Brauchitsch got the idea to remove the white paint (white Lead?); in the versions I've read they only say they made it under the 750 kg limit, not how much under it was; supposedly originally told in Neubauer's biography so the figure might be in there! I guess it was significant because they were silver ever after that!

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
4 kg =approx 8.8 lbs no.I am tired from the concorso...but a kilo weighs 2.2 lbs right? :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts