Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my R8 in Mugello blue with Oxygen sideblades with a gray interior. I'm trying to find pictures of such combo with no luck. Do any of you have pics of the gray interior or the mugello blue + oxygen sideblades combo?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
I think this is one:

·
Registered
718 Posts
Inrev,

It's that the combo you want, great. But be sure. The oxygen silver is not really paint. It is almost like a sheet of polished metal. Mirror finish and very reflective/bright.

I have sprint blue and oxygen silver R8 and I find the contrast is just too much. I am in the process of changing the sideblade for one of the silvers.........

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
I am in the process of changing the sideblade for one of the silvers.........
Given the way audi are doing the restricted standard sideblade colour combos, I imagine there is a lot of scope for blade swapping between owners further down the road.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm it's darker than I thought. Looks brighter in the pics with the midnight blue sideblade and the mustang brown seats...

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Hmmm it's darker than I thought. Looks brighter in the pics with the midnight blue sideblade and the mustang brown seats...
yeah, that's due to the very bright lighting on those shots - even the shot above has sunlight lighting it up.

I've seen mugello blue in the flesh on a Q7 and it looked very dark and some of the pics I've seen on the r8 in overcast lighting make it look very dark there too.

r8englands sprint blue looks stunning - audi really should have run that color as the standard blue imo although the cynic in me thinks the colors they've offered will help sales of exclusive colors and the nice chunk of change that will send to audi coffers.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Given the way audi are doing the restricted standard sideblade colour combos, I imagine there is a lot of scope for blade swapping between owners further down the road.
That won't be the half of it. Just wait for people to start sending their blades to airbrush shops to have flames, mountain scenery, or semi-nude biker chicks emblazoned on their custom blades. C'mon. You just know it's going to happen.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That won't be the half of it. Just wait for people to start sending their blades to airbrush shops to have flames, mountain scenery, or semi-nude biker chicks emblazoned on their custom blades. C'mon. You just know it's going to happen.
I could use a flaming skull on mine...:p

·
Registered
183 Posts
Silver (contrasting) side blades look like grey sideburns on an otherwise dark head of hair. I don't care for it. I've seen blue on blue and prefer it.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Silver (contrasting) side blades look like grey sideburns on an otherwise dark head of hair. I don't care for it. I've seen blue on blue and prefer it.
personally I don't like body coloured blades as much as I feel they make the back end look a bit "podgy" given the expanse of unbroken painted surface to the rear of the side window - medium contrasting blades break up the shape at the back and make it look a bit sleeker.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I agree. That's finally what settled me on the Phantom Black with Lava Grey sideblades -- the least contrast of any standard color combo. It has just enough contrast to keep the rear haunches from looking too blockish without screaming, "HEY! SIDEBLADE!" from a mile off.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Personally I like the contrast but I expected mugello blue to be a bit lighter. Since we don't have the carbon option for now here in Canada I'm unsure which color to pick... happy dilemma though... :D

·
Registered
439 Posts
Other than Oxygen Silver and Carbon, all the sideblade colors seem to have been lifted from Audi's standard colors across their product line, and there aren't enough choices with each body color to "modulate" the contrast to our personal tastes.

Since the blades come off quickly, I'm guessing a lot of us will eventually have our blades custom painted to get exactly the level of contrast we want.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Personally I like the contrast but I expected mugello blue to be a bit lighter. Since we don't have the carbon option for now here in Canada I'm unsure which color to pick... happy dilemma though... :D
Whilst I waited for my Mugello Blue R8, I decided to try the colour out on an RS4. This picture is very representative for how the colour looks in the metal.

·
Registered
647 Posts
That is NOT Mugello Blue, but Midnight Blue from Audi Exclusive offer. Side Blades are in Quartz Silver-you get them in that color if you do not specifly other side blades option...

·
Registered
100 Posts
That is NOT Mugello Blue, but Midnight Blue from Audi Exclusive offer. Side Blades are in Quartz Silver-you get them in that color if you do not specifly other side blades option...
Unless you know for certain, then I disagree. I've seen Midnight Blue and obviously I already own Mugello Blue and the R8 in the picture above looks identical to the colour of my car.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Can't comment on the blue, but I 100% agree with Kreso on the sideblade.

That is NOT not oxygen silver.

Oxygen silver is the SAME colour as the petrol cap, these ones are not. It is either quartz silver or quartz grey (quartz grey is the colour with daytona grey. Quartz silver is indeed the colour you get with Audi exclusive if you do not specify anthing else).

I just physically changed my sideblades, today, from Oxygen silver to Quartz Grey as I felt the silver far too bright.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts