Audi R8 Forums banner

What do you think of the R8's DIS?

• It will suit the R8 as it nice and nostalgic!

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It will suit the R8 as its plain, simple and not overly complicated!

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Audi should offer the option for the colour DIS as found in other models: e.g. RS4!

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Audi should have fitted the colour DIS as found in other models, as standard!

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • Not good enough for R-Tronic and NAV info!

Votes: 11 42.3%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been asked to start a poll on the R8's DIS ... which is an area of much debate on its suitability ... and or appropriateness for ... the R8 ... so ...

What are your thoughts on the R8's ... driver information system (DIS) ... :confused:

You can vote for more than one option in this poll.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You can vote for more than one option in this poll.
So I have voted for the ...
"... should have been standard ... " ... and ...
"Not good enough ..." ... options.

I would have thought that most people voting for the fourth option in the poll ... would also be voting for the fifth option ... but it seems I'm the first to do so out of three people.

·
Registered
782 Posts
So I have voted for the ...
"... should have been standard ... " ... and ...
"Not good enough ..." ... options.

I would have thought that most people voting for the fourth option in the poll ... would also be voting for the fifth option ... but it seems I'm the first to do so out of three people.
I didn't pay attention to the multiple options :) I checked one, but also want to check te last one!

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't pay attention to the multiple options :) I checked one, but also want to check te last one!
I can't see an easy way to enable you to select a second option ... maybe it's worth sending a PM to Ekool ... he might be able to edit the poll and enable you to vote again.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry ... tried all I can think of ... but I think you'll have to send a message to ekool to see if he can do something ... to let you select the last option in the poll as well.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Sorry ... tried all I can think of ... but I think you'll have to send a message to ekool to see if he can do something ... to let you select the last option in the poll as well.
For now that was the 'Super' of your 'Super moderator' status :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think it is interesting that 30,000.00 dollars Ford models have multicolor and even H.U.D. and this car that should be as best rounded statement from Audi's cutting edge tech gets the Space Invaders version of DIS.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I think it is interesting that 30,000.00 dollars Ford models have multicolor and even H.U.D. and this car that should be as best rounded statement from Audi's cutting edge tech gets the Space Invaders version of DIS.
Indeed, it doesn't make sense. At least Audi should have made it an option.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Thank you!! My thoughts exactly. Audi just seems to drop the ball when it comes to the smaller, finer details.... Very annoying.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I fail to see what the issue is here!... though I don't have my R8 yet

The DIS tells you very little of importance, and the monochrome display suits the "driving machine" character of the car. You could call it retro, but I'd call it simple and clear.

Porsche have the best instruments - a large central rev counter gives you 90% of the information you need to drive a car like the R8. 9% is the speed, and 1% is for everything else when it breaches limits (too hot, too low on fuel etc).

Or do people want a gimmick like the Reventon's display? :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Agree, Audi should have a color display, instead of several years old monocrome.
Monocrome looks Cheap and very dated. Should be the same or better than display on my S8 - 2008. Especially on an '09 R8.

Dave

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.