Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this starts the only way it can. If you guessed total stupidity...
DING DING DING!!!! YOU‘RE A WINNER!
I purchased the only fluid remover in stock at the local Autozone which was obviously garbage but I used anyway in an attempt to pull extra oil because I got my car back with too much oil.
As I am attempting to pull the oil the plastic endcaps near the black pump slipped off and down the hose passed the oil fill hole. It was just like the movies as I’m going “NO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O! So what the hell do I do now? Here is a pic of the garbage pump I so wisely used. I believe it even came improperly assembled As the metal clamps did nothing to prevent the caps from slipping down. AWESOME!
AE994A1F-BA8B-4C7D-8771-B551D51E1F1C.png

·
Registered
495 Posts
It is unfortunate but happens from time to time. Assuming you did not move the car, it is relatively easy to fish it out.

Get a an endoscope

And a tool for fishing the piece out, something like this

Do a little practice outside, before gently removing the piece out. Be careful and do not push the piece somewhere you can no longer see it. If you don't feel comfortable, get a mechanic to where your car is, and do it for you.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Finally, at the expense of acting like a "know-it-all"...

Draining the extra oil from the bottom is fairly easy. If you don't want to do it yourself, do not drive, just have the car towed to the place where you had the oil change done, and let them do it (and stop going to that shop. Obviously, they do not know how to change oil on an R8.)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually just got back from using an endoscope I ordered from Amazon years ago and never used until just now, hanger, and some medical forceps. I freakin got it!!!!! WHOOOOOO!!!!! I really appreciate the replies anyway plus it was good advice regardless.
I hadn’t driven the car BTW. I‘m pretty sure it would’ve been game over had I done that. I was at it for a pretty long while but I knew I had 1 shot to do it this way. I’m happy beyond words!!!! Thanks again fellas.
I know people“s opinions are pretty divided regarding the virus but I’d be remiss if I didn’t urge everyone to be careful. This virus is far worse than people think. The government‘s agenda is to keep the economy rolling regardless of health risks. The idea that it is safe to fly or have kids in school simply lacks all logic and the studies suggesting otherwise are funded directly or indirectly by special interests. I know not everyone has the “luxury“ of staying home for any amount of time or having children anywhere but in school. This pandemic is far from over. The so called 95% vaccines are far from what they promise. The data on them is incomplete and unsubstantiated. The only thing I know they prevented thus far is another Black Monday. I‘m just trying to inform and hopefully save some lives. I truly hope I’m wrong. Please be safe and considerate to one another as times are tough.

·
Registered
2018 R8 PLUS Coupe
68 Posts
I actually just got back from using an endoscope I ordered from Amazon years ago and never used until just now, hanger, and some medical forceps. I freakin got it!!!!! WHOOOOOO!!!!! I really appreciate the replies anyway plus it was good advice regardless.
I hadn’t driven the car BTW. I‘m pretty sure it would’ve been game over had I done that. I was at it for a pretty long while but I knew I had 1 shot to do it this way. I’m happy beyond words!!!! Thanks again fellas.
I know people“s opinions are pretty divided regarding the virus but I’d be remiss if I didn’t urge everyone to be careful. This virus is far worse than people think. The government‘s agenda is to keep the economy rolling regardless of health risks. The idea that it is safe to fly or have kids in school simply lacks all logic and the studies suggesting otherwise are funded directly or indirectly by special interests. I know not everyone has the “luxury“ of staying home for any amount of time or having children anywhere but in school. This pandemic is far from over. The so called 95% vaccines are far from what they promise. The data on them is incomplete and unsubstantiated. The only thing I know they prevented thus far is another Black Monday. I‘m just trying to inform and hopefully save some lives. I truly hope I’m wrong. Please be safe and considerate to one another as times are tough.

(deleted response)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts