Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Gents.

I hail from Montreal,Canada and my sports car is currently a concours-winning 1991 Porsche 928S4. This is also my third 928.

By accident, I came across the R8 while servicing my P-car at the Porsche dealership where of course an Audi dealership currently resides. It was truly love at first site!

Growing up in the '60's and '70's, I was taught to appreciate the prowess and strength of the V8. Somehow, I've never enjoyed driving anything else that was powered by an engine possessing less that 8 cylinders. True, I did drive my fair share of turbo and super-charged sleds but somehow I felt cheated as they were definitely not powered by a REAL engine.

So, with a current waiting time of 2-years for a CDN-spec Audi R8 priced at around $150K, I've decided that I will jump ship and purchase an Audi R8 in about five years on my 50th birthday.

I'm sure that this statement would definitely put a smile on the face of at least one Piech family member!;) :D

·
Registered
718 Posts
Welcome and congratulations !

Glad you enjoyed the V8.

But, by then you will have the choice of V8, V10, ragtop or even the R8's successor (whatever that will be!).

Hello Gents.

I hail from Montreal,Canada and my sports car is currently a concours-winning 1991 Porsche 928S4. This is also my third 928.

By accident, I came across the R8 while servicing my P-car at the Porsche dealership where of course an Audi dealership currently resides. It was truly love at first site!

Growing up in the '60's and '70's, I was taught to appreciate the prowess and strength of the V8. Somehow, I've never enjoyed driving anything else that was powered by an engine possessing less that 8 cylinders. True, I did drive my fair share of turbo and super-charged sleds but somehow I felt cheated as they were definitely not powered by a REAL engine.

So, with a current waiting time of 2-years for a CDN-spec Audi R8 priced at around $150K, I've decided that I will jump ship and purchase an Audi R8 in about five years on my 50th birthday.

I'm sure that this statement would definitely put a smile on the face of at least one Piech family member!;) :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
Mine is going to get built soon. I ordered from Audi Popular in Montreal. I test drove the car and decided to go with it instead of a Porsche. I wouldn't spit on a Porsche though, I love those cars.

I saw a silver R8 driving in the snow the other night, I was amazed how such an exotic car can seem so at ease in the snowy streets of Montreal.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw a silver R8 driving in the snow the other night, I was amazed how such an exotic car can seem so at ease in the snowy streets of Montreal.
The silver R8 that you saw the other day was probably the Audi press car that has been driving around on our streets. It has Alberta plates as I saw it at Lauzon Audi in Laval.

Good luck on your purchase. You're one of the lucky ones.:)

·
Registered
131 Posts
The silver R8 that you saw the other day was probably the Audi press car that has been driving around on our streets. It has Alberta plates as I saw it at Lauzon Audi in Laval.

Good luck on your purchase. You're one of the lucky ones.:)
Well I just hope my guy doesn't pull any shady stuff when time comes for me to pick it up like a markup or selling it to someone ready to pay more behind my back

I drove that press car but it was in September. The car is still around at this time of the year?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I just hope my guy doesn't pull any shady stuff when time comes for me to pick it up like a markup or selling it to someone ready to pay more behind my back

I drove that press car but it was in September. The car is still around at this time of the year?
Not only is it still around but it's road salt encrusted inside and out!

Popular is a good and reputable dealership. I doubt that they would pull off a stunt like that. I've got a friend who runs the parts dep't there (Michel).:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts