Audi R8 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Also with it being a spyder I'm guessing selling it would be seasonal. I can't imagine there would be much interest in October etc...

Do many from the UK advertise there cars for sale on here? It all seems to be US cars. The GTR forum is the best place for selling the Nissans. Is AutoTrader etc the best place for these?
Actually ebay as a classified ad is as good as anywhere as the person who actually wants to buy one will get in touch privately to negotiate. Pistonheads is also a good place. It looks like you intend to sell after a year or so so you just might take a bath!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Also with it being a spyder I'm guessing selling it would be seasonal. I can't imagine there would be much interest in October etc...

Do many from the UK advertise there cars for sale on here? It all seems to be US cars. The GTR forum is the best place for selling the Nissans. Is AutoTrader etc the best place for these?
Actually ebay as a classified ad is as good as anywhere as the person who actually wants to buy one will get in touch privately to negotiate. Pistonheads is also a good place. It looks like you intend to sell after a year or so so you just might take a bath!
Take a bath?

I think your right mate, the right buyer will always look at eBay, AutoTrader and pistonheads anyway generally

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Yes some do but also worth looking on the Audi R8 UK Owners Club Facebook page.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yes some do but also worth looking on the Audi R8 UK Owners Club Facebook page.
Thanks, I will have a look. As I said resale would be my biggest concern. I was quite happy to spend the money on the GTR as I know they sell easy and don't really depreciate that much

·
Registered
69 Posts
What I meant by taking a bath is nobody knows where we will be in 12 months or what will be happening with the country that is pretty obvious. If you keep it long term as in 5 years or more you will be laughing methinks but as you are already asking where is the best place to sell it even before you buy one is a bit worrying. I wasn't trying to be clever or off just my advice is all based on keeping it quite a few years, if only 12 months I've no idea how the state of the 2nd hand supercar market or our country will be in!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
What I meant by taking a bath is nobody knows where we will be in 12 months or what will be happening with the country that is pretty obvious. If you keep it long term as in 5 years or more you will be laughing methinks but as you are already asking where is the best place to sell it even before you buy one is a bit worrying. I wasn't trying to be clever or off just my advice is all based on keeping it quite a few years, if only 12 months I've no idea how the state of the 2nd hand supercar market or our country will be in!
I know what you mean mate. I appreciate the advice. Me and the Mrs are hoping to have kids next year so it's like a last hurrah before we do. Wont really be able to keep it financially I don't think and didn't want to end up stuck with it and letting it go really cheap. If the general opinion was that it's not a good idea I'd probably opt out. I do believe a good V10 will never be under £40k but I'm not as clued up as most of you guys. I appreciate all the info

Thanks

·
Registered
841 Posts
I know what you mean mate. I appreciate the advice. Me and the Mrs are hoping to have kids next year so it's like a last hurrah before we do. Wont really be able to keep it financially I don't think and didn't want to end up stuck with it and letting it go really cheap. If the general opinion was that it's not a good idea I'd probably opt out. I do believe a good V10 will never be under £40k but I'm not as clued up as most of you guys. I appreciate all the info

Thanks
It wouldn't surprise me to see a V10 at under £40k however it will most likely be a dog - poor condition, patchy history, high mileage and/or an insurance write off.

I've seen V8s at £30,000 here in the UK and they fit most if not all of the above criteria.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

Thanks
It wouldn't surprise me to see a V10 at under £40k however it will most likely be a dog - poor condition, patchy history, high mileage and/or an insurance write off.

I've seen V8s at £30,000 here in the UK and they fit most if not all of the above criteria.
Exactly! And they are that price for a reason as you say

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Also I have noticed alot of wanted threads are saying they are wanting 2011 onwards. Is there an issue on the 2010 model that rules it out for certain people I.e. frame cracking?

I know on the Gtr's an MY12 is much more desirable than a 61 plate car even though there only 6 months apart due to the upgrades on the newer model.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
It could be because of the frame cracking issue as this was addressed by Audi from late 2010 onwards. Given the internet scaremongering over this, however, they could be missing out on some lovely pre 2011 examples.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
It could be because of the frame cracking issue as this was addressed by Audi from late 2010 onwards. Given the internet scaremongering over this, however, they could be missing out on some lovely pre 2011 examples.
I must admit when I saw the costs of repairing the frame it's put me off abit. I'm trying to get some info as to whether the warranty would cover this. If not it might be a no deal

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
I must admit when I saw the costs of repairing the frame it's put me off abit. I'm trying to get some info as to whether the warranty would cover this. If not it might be a no deal
It's not what you know but who you know, I had my reinforcement plates fitted by a friend for virtually nothing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
It's not what you know but who you know, I had my reinforcement plates fitted by a friend for virtually nothing.
Definately is mate. Unfortunately I don't really know anyone that would be good with that type of work. I am awaiting the vin number to get some info from Audi Norwich who have been servicing it

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
Definately is mate. Unfortunately I don't really know anyone that would be good with that type of work. I am awaiting the vin number to get some info from Audi Norwich who have been servicing it
Next time you're in Audi Norwich on Sprowston Rd, give my regards to their parts man Stuart Thompson, he's a good egg and super helpful.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Next time you're in Audi Norwich on Sprowston Rd, give my regards to their parts man Stuart Thompson, he's a good egg and super helpful.
Will do. And that's good to know. Hopefully I'll get through to someone else useful

·
Registered
184 Posts
They were fitted as standard after 09 I think. Down here you can get the plates retrofitted for £500 if it bothers you that much, it's a non issue
If it happens then it's accident damage from a pothole and a write off from your insurance
Ricky from REP who worked launching the platform for Audi UK is confident that it has only affected a few cars that had been involved in accidents
Just get it inspected before you buy and don't worry about it
I'd be a lot more concerned about the mag ride dampers and chose a car with passives as they are poor quality and expensive

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
They were fitted as standard after 09 I think. Down here you can get the plates retrofitted for £500 if it bothers you that much, it's a non issue
If it happens then it's accident damage from a pothole and a write off from your insurance
Ricky from REP who worked launching the platform for Audi UK is confident that it has only affected a few cars that had been involved in accidents
Just get it inspected before you buy and don't worry about it
I'd be a lot more concerned about the mag ride dampers and chose a car with passives as they are poor quality and expensive
The car has just had the Mag ride replaced at Audi and has 2 years warranty on them I believe. The only other slight concern I have with the car. It has been serviced in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016,2017, 2018, 2019. The mileage between 13 and 15 was only 2000 miles. However it wasn't serviced at the yearly interval I in 2014. Would this be something of a concern or just me being picky?

·
Registered
841 Posts
The car has just had the Mag ride replaced at Audi and has 2 years warranty on them I believe. The only other slight concern I have with the car. It has been serviced in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016,2017, 2018, 2019. The mileage between 13 and 15 was only 2000 miles. However it wasn't serviced at the yearly interval I in 2014. Would this be something of a concern or just me being picky?
Right to be picky but that's a little OTT IMHO - an annual service every year regardless of mileage is what you're aiming for.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts