Audi R8 Forums banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I've tried to get them down and they offered me, 4 new tyres, new Brakes, a service and full diamond cut wheel refurb. But they won't move on price as they say they are already the cheapest. They also state that they make more from finance than cash. If I was to take some finance they will knock money off the car but not cash. Suppose that's understandable, but annoying
To you 4 new tyres are £900 assuming they're Pirelli Pzeros (a little more if Michelin), new brakes and pads all round are £2,200, a full service assuming it's a major rather than minor service is £1,000 (£500 if the latter), full diamond cut wheel refurb is around £500 for all four.

So factor in those prices when making your decision - a good, clean PPI and I reckon that's a fair price.
Thanks for the info. I think the price is pretty fair with the extras. The warranty is a 3rd party so can't get anything off that price through the dealer. And they are firm on the £52k price with all the extras. The salesman was going to knock me me £150 off but the manager wouldn't do it if they replaced the tyres and brakes

·
Registered
822 Posts
Thanks for the info. I think the price is pretty fair with the extras. The warranty is a 3rd party so can't get anything off that price through the dealer. And they are firm on the £52k price with all the extras. The salesman was going to knock me me £150 off but the manager wouldn't do it if they replaced the tyres and brakes
£150 off a £52k car? That's not even 0.3%! Salesmen eh? :)

Are you going to buy it?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
£150 off a £52k car? That's not even 0.3%! Salesmen eh?

Are you going to buy it?
That's what I thought! But they are adamant the car is already priced to sell and is the cheapest. They won't knock any money off for cash but have said they'd refurb the wheels, 4 new Pirelli tyres, new discs and pads on the front and a service which is due in August. I am waiting for some info on the warranty before I commit to buying it. Looking around similar models are a few grand more so it is the cheapest I can find. I am also wanting the Sepang Blue and manual so they are few and far between

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
That's what I thought! But they are adamant the car is already priced to sell and is the cheapest. They won't knock any money off for cash but have said they'd refurb the wheels, 4 new Pirelli tyres, new discs and pads on the front and a service which is due in August. I am waiting for some info on the warranty before I commit to buying it. Looking around similar models are a few grand more so it is the cheapest I can find. I am also wanting the Sepang Blue and manual so they are few and far between
Sounds like a fair deal apart from the Pirelli's. Insist on Michelin PS4S and the deal's a good un.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Sounds like a fair deal apart from the Pirelli's. Insist on Michelin PS4S and the deal's a good un.
7 pages on buying a car is dragging it on a bit! I bought mine then joined the forum.
They are already fitted unfortunately. They've changed them like for like.

And I know mate, it's just general chat most of it but a lot of helpful advice for a newbie.

·
Registered
83 Posts
£150 off a £52k car? That's not even 0.3%! Salesmen eh?

Are you going to buy it?
This remind me when I bought my car. They would not move on the price.. 2 weeks later...after some hard negotiation...I got £4k off.

I can tell you, those cars are not moving... wait for them to call you in a week or so and bleed those stealers...sorry dealers...always get confused between those 2.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts