Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have an RS6 and am looking at an R8 and would appreciate some advice please.

The one I am looking at is a 2007 model with 11,000 miles, FASH, several options (Mag ride, B&O stereo, parking sensors) and is on its third owner. It's last service was in May 2011 and was an oil, oil filter and brake fluid service. However what concerns me is that it did a Sprint in June 2011 (six standing start quarter miles) and a track day also in June 2011 and hasn't been serviced since, i.e. coming up two years. It also hasn't had the oil lines recall or the ECU recall.

I wouldn't buy it before I had a pre-purchase inspection (PPI) but what would you offer bearing in mind it needs the following and what should I get checked with the PPI, e.g. clutch ?

- Two new front tyres - est £500
- Drivers seat bolster has some wear/marks that needs sorting - Est £100-£200
- Has some paint chips and scratches on the bonnet that need sorting - Est £300-£400
- Needs a major service: plugs, oil, oil filter, pollen filter, brake flid but anything else - not sure what else a major service entails ? - Est £1,000
- Oil lines recall - £FOC
- ECU recall - £FOC

The owner is asking £46,995 and I was thinking offering £45,000 and asking him to do the above or offer £42,000 and I will get all the above sorted subject of course to the PPI.

Many thanks

Stuart

·
Registered
813 Posts
I recon it's worth £44,000 from what you have said. Could do with knowing colour, carbon options. 3 owners to 11,000 miles seems a lot, but that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it. Make sure you get the PPI, and a third party extended warranty and you should be fine. I'd request it has a full service as well before buying.

£42,000 might be a good start for bargaining, you can always go up, but let them sweat a bit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts