Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys. I know this has been discussed before, but I can't seem to find the thread. Anyways, does anyone know exactly how long it takes for Audi to schedule, build, and actually deliver the car? My car keeps getting delayed every month and I'm really getting pissed now. First it was March, then April, now I've been told MAY~!! :mad: I initially wanted the carbon fiber trim in the engine bay, but the dealer told me that I would have to settle for a May delivery instead of a March one. That's why I decided NOT to get it, and get the car in March. Dumbass dealer now tells me that it takes 9 weeks to build it and 45 days to deliver. 800 and I ordered 2 weeks apart, and was in the same build order to be finished in February. His is already done and on the boat. Mine they have no clue. They can't even give me a direct answer. Early May is all they can say and they are not even sure about that either. I called Audi Korea, and they say they don't know anything shipment related, and I have to ask my dealer. So far, this is the worst experience I've had with a car dealer of any make, in any country. I highly doubt I will buy an Audi again in Korea.

I'm seriously considering canceling my order and buying a F430. Can anyone help me out?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, mine was sheduled for Build Week 47 and was loaded onto an Air Freighter for delivery on Week 2 of 2008. Hope that helps.
Build week 47 means the 47th week of 2007? right?

Also, when is the latest you can change your options selection? 1 month before production?

·
Registered
347 Posts
In May??? That's ridiculous. Did they screw up the order or something?

Did they say that mine is on the boat? They did say that mine will not be delayed but I am not sure if they are saying it to please me or not though.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I'm crossing my fingers that this doesn't happen. My dealer ETA is mid-April, so I'm thinking the car should go into production in the begining of March.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi guys. I know this has been discussed before, but I can't seem to find the thread. Anyways, does anyone know exactly how long it takes for Audi to schedule, build, and actually deliver the car? My car keeps getting delayed every month and I'm really getting pissed now. First it was March, then April, now I've been told MAY~!! :mad: I initially wanted the carbon fiber trim in the engine bay, but the dealer told me that I would have to settle for a May delivery instead of a March one. That's why I decided NOT to get it, and get the car in March. Dumbass dealer now tells me that it takes 9 weeks to build it and 45 days to deliver. 800 and I ordered 2 weeks apart, and was in the same build order to be finished in February. His is already done and on the boat. Mine they have no clue. They can't even give me a direct answer. Early May is all they can say and they are not even sure about that either. I called Audi Korea, and they say they don't know anything shipment related, and I have to ask my dealer. So far, this is the worst experience I've had with a car dealer of any make, in any country. I highly doubt I will buy an Audi again in Korea.

I'm seriously considering canceling my order and buying a F430. Can anyone help me out?
I am not sure if you can buy the R8 from Europe in your country, but I know for sure it can be done within Europe - it's available right now, in a lot of colors/options from different dealers, the only thing that will delay you from enjoying the car is the payment and the shipping (on a platform, of course).

I know two R8 owners, they both got their car in less than a 3 weeks after they decided they want the R8. So, that's 3 weeks to shop around for your preferences(manual, r-tronic, suspension, etc), to place the order and to receive the cars. Brand new cars, of course :)

You might be able to cancel your R8 and buy one right away. Make sure you check it first, don't count on my word alone :)

·
Registered
943 Posts
I am not sure if you can buy the R8 from Europe in your country, but I know for sure it can be done within Europe - it's available right now, in a lot of colors/options from different dealers, the only thing that will delay you from enjoying the car is the payment and the shipping (on a platform, of course).

I know two R8 owners, they both got their car in less than a 3 weeks after they decided they want the R8. So, that's 3 weeks to shop around for your preferences(manual, r-tronic, suspension, etc), to place the order and to receive the cars. Brand new cars, of course :)

You might be able to cancel your R8 and buy one right away. Make sure you check it first, don't count on my word alone :)
I don't know about that. Audi announced that they were totally sold for several years in the UK. I don't know any dealer in the US that doesn't have a long wait list. I wouldn't expect to see anything different in Europe unless you are buying someone elses spot, which usually means above MSRP.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Actually there are some R8's here in the Gray market, but the main reason I'm not interested in those are because the warranty is not guaranteed by Audi, and they are more overpriced than the already overpriced cost here in Korea.

I don't think you'd get one of those much soon, unless that is you wanted to pay way over MSRP.
There are 3 F430's in the local showroom ready to be sold right away. Plus, it's actually about the price they are being sold in the US.

PS - 800, they said yours is on the boat

·
Registered
347 Posts
what 430 at us price??? what is it 250k? maybe i'll check it out!

in hk it's about usd350k plus a 1.5 yr wait.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
F430 at about $270,000 USD. and Spyder at about $300,000 USD. Also, the 599 at about $460,000 USD, but the 599 isn't available till November.

·
Registered
347 Posts
270 then on the road at about 300k or krw270m. thats a great price by asian std!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Yeah, but an F430 at MSRP is $180K. Ferarri's that aren't MSRP, are all used and were originally bought at MSRP. That is why all of them have some miles on them already. People buy them at MSRP, drive a bit, then sell them back to the dealer for more than they paid, because the dealer can sell them for way over sticker.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Yeah, but an F430 at MSRP is $180K. Ferarri's that aren't MSRP, are all used and were originally bought at MSRP. That is why all of them have some miles on them already. People buy them at MSRP, drive a bit, then sell them back to the dealer for more than they paid, because the dealer can sell them for way over sticker.
simple rule f thumb in asia is that cars are x2 that of the us not because ppl sell back to dealers but heavy import taxes. (of course the scumbacks will need to suck our blood be4 letting things throw the door)

i went in today the guy tell me 5 mth wait and krw320m on the road but he may think i wanted the spyder.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Is there a way to contact Audi AG directly and ask what the status of my car is?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Resonate, if you are still in doubt, just give me the commision number and the dealer code. With that I might be able to give you exact information. Mine was released for production today morning, it is actually on the line (body shop).

1 - 20 of 26 Posts