Audi R8 Forums banner

81 - 100 of 141 Posts

Registered
The red accents work very well. 馃憤

edit: I鈥檇 still like to know the exact rubber strip you used for the splitter!! Looks so OEM+

Registered
Discussion Starter #83
Cheers. Once I converted the interior from cream I felt there was a bit too much black and wanted to lift it a bit and am pleased with the red highlights without it being too much.
The lip is just a random one off eBay. I will see if I can find the make.

Jay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Nice work. Looks great.

Registered
Discussion Starter #85
Cheers Trev, I am going to try and get some better pics.

Premium Member
Looking very sharp indeed.

Registered
very sexy indeed and being a RHD it even became hotter...congrats on a job well done:)

Registered
Discussion Starter #89
Cheers guys. More still planned but it鈥檚 starting to feel more of a complete car now

Registered
Discussion Starter #90
Fitted some 拢10 resistors today to clear the magride issue. Work perfectly and full function of ESP ASR etc restored!

Registered
Fitted some 拢10 resistors today to clear the magride issue. Work perfectly and full function of ESP ASR etc restored!

I got genuine KW resistors thrown in with my suspension, I didn鈥檛 know there were others available.

Registered
Discussion Starter #92
They are just standard 100W 1.5Ohm resistors. I wired them up to some OEM connectors and job done.

Registered
Discussion Starter #93
Next job while I have a couple of days off work, I noticed a tiny squeak up behind my head so poked around and found the high level brake light is not very solid. Removed it (a tricky job) to find the gasket is basically dry and will be replacing that. You can鈥檛 buy the gasket on its own so I will be making one, which should, tighten it up nicely.

Registered
Discussion Starter #94
New gasket made and fitted. The light is now tight and squeak free

Registered
Discussion Starter #95
So next up on the lock down mod list is a Gen 2 engine x brace. Trial fit suggests it will work great, just waiting for the support bar to mount it too which will run over the top of the throttle bodies. Should have it for the weekend.
Give that the Gen 2 has increased chassis rigidity a portion of it will come from this, so figured can鈥檛 hurt, plus it looks cool

Registered
^^^wow awesome addition...2 thumbs up from me:)

Registered
Discussion Starter #97
Cheers. Hoping I can get it to look factory with the engine bay trims...

Registered
Cheers. Hoping I can get it to look factory with the engine bay trims...

i'm sure that's not a problem. you look like you're mechanically inclined and you have done an excellent job so far with this clubsport:)

Registered
Discussion Starter #100
So it seems the brace bar fits exactly between the chassis legs which is a bonus. Hoping with just a simple move of the power steering reservoir it will all bolt in nicely.

81 - 100 of 141 Posts