Audi R8 Forums banner

221 - 240 of 244 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
Nice, did you rattle can / spray paint it? Or something a bit more involved? Either way, it turned out very nicely indeed!
Yep, just properly rubbed it down and prepped it, then careful rattle canned it with multiple coats of Matt black. Finish is flawless to be honest so very happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
Decided as it’s lockdown in the UK and I won’t be using the car everyday, it’s a perfect time for a carbon clean... so I will update on here as I go...

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Good opportunity to clean out the foliage between the cylinder banks. :LOL:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
Good opportunity to clean out the foliage between the cylinder banks. :LOL:
It’s actually randomly feathers. I reckon at some point in its life a bird decided it would be a good place to nest, but doubt it lasted long

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Haha - I've heard of rodents but a bird getting in there is incredible.

·
Registered
659 Posts
It’s actually randomly feathers. I reckon at some point in its life a bird decided it would be a good place to nest, but doubt it lasted long

could also be a rodent that made a nest using feathers and leaves. probably lived there when you stored your beast during the winter season.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
could also be a rodent that made a nest using feathers and leaves. probably lived there when you stored your beast during the winter season.
Won’t have been in my ownership, it’s a daily driver used throughout the year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
So I don’t know how to post a video but I have a functional single wiper. See below for end stroke pics.
The video (at the slowest speed) is on my insta page @renshaw79 for anyone who is interested.
I need to make a custom motor arm to ensure there is absolutely no chance of overtravel or dislocation, but it works great and gives a pretty much ideal sweep.
If anyone is interested I might get more than one arm made as they will be a bit involved to manufacture properly...

I’m temped by this. Would it not be easier to order the OEM parts for the LMS? Hit me up if you want to discuss.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I’m temped by this. Would it not be easier to order the OEM parts for the LMS? Hit me up if you want to discuss.
I didn't think the LMS parts were available to order from Audi unless you had a race team affiliated to them? If you can source the correct parts though I would definitely be interested & would save G60renshaw having to have custom parts manufactured....

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #233
So think I have finalised the single wiper. So to create a full sweep it’s simply a case of changing the arm length ratio and adjusting the sweep position.
The standard ratio from motor arm (45mm) to wiper link arm (63.3mm) is 1.4:1
So the new arms are motor arm (50mm) and wiper link arm (53mm) 1.06:1
That’s it. With the right positioning that will give the full screen sweep.
Long term test will see how much more strain that puts on the motor but I have spares so not too worried about that.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just spent the last hour or two? (Put on a netflix film and its nearly finished) reading this thread. All I can say is wow, keep up the good work! And keep documenting, years to come this will be a gold mine to stumble across (if it’s not already!)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #237
Just spent the last hour or two? (Put on a netflix film and its nearly finished) reading this thread. All I can say is wow, keep up the good work! And keep documenting, years to come this will be a gold mine to stumble across (if it’s not already!)
LOL. Thanks and sorry you missed your film . There is so much I didn’t put down in here at the beginning and wish I had, but hopefully the detail helps others and it’s a good record for me if nothing else

·
Registered
29 Posts
LOL. Thanks and sorry you missed your film . There is so much I didn’t put down in here at the beginning and wish I had, but hopefully the detail helps others and it’s a good record for me if nothing else

Ah no worries enjoyed reading this alot more haha, plus there’s always the rewind button lol! Definitely, it’s what makes particular forums like r8talk great!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #239
So starting on the carbon clean and it seems that paint thinners is very effective at loosening the oily carbon deposits in the inlet. Worked nicely on the flaps, so tomorrow it’s on to the ports themselves

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #240
First port nearly done.
Just paint thinners and scrubbing and it comes up pretty well... only 7 more to go...

221 - 240 of 244 Posts