Audi R8 Forums banner

341 - 354 of 354 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Unique, different and cool! The details of your excellent work are obscured by the darkness of the pics. I'd love more light on the rear to really see how all this came to be.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #345 ·
Thanks all. Will see what I can do about some better pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #346 ·
So before I get some better pics, the burns on the diffuser from the race car exhaust were too much for my OCD to handle and although quite cool, they looked a bit untidy against the rest of the car. So I decided to resin fill the hole that had been previously made in the carbon and get the shape back, before covering the whole affected area in a “heat tape” so that it still looked race car like but neat
Happy with the result.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The car is looking great, and I'm picking up lots of nice technical tidbits in the process. Thanks for sharing, and keep up the good work! (y)

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #350 ·
The car is looking great, and I'm picking up lots of nice technical tidbits in the process. Thanks for sharing, and keep up the good work! (y)
Hope that it’s a useful resource for people as well as providing some level of a record for me
If there is a job someone wonders how to do, I may have done it but not posted it up so would be happy to add the details of the process to the thread

·
Premium Member
3,300 Posts
So after a lot of contemplation I have decided to go for bigger tailpipes to balance up the rear end better.
Did a quick photoshop (on PowerPoint) of what it would look like with 3.5” tips and love the look. So development continues

Like the idea but IMHO would look amazing with twin outlets

·
Registered
460 Posts
So after a lot of contemplation I have decided to go for bigger tailpipes to balance up the rear end better.
Did a quick photoshop (on PowerPoint) of what it would look like with 3.5” tips and love the look. So development continues

Looks fantastic! I wasn’t a fan of the old diameter, as it looks disproportionately small like on the Z8. This looks just right and love the tapered inside edge.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Like the big pipe too. Twin big pipes would probably be killer. You should do a mock up just to see. ;)

341 - 354 of 354 Posts