Audi R8 Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Anyone here know if cars with the non illuminated door sills are easy to be modified to have the illuminated door sills? Similar to the door sills in the pic from Stug360?
If you didn't have them factory installed you can still install them. Now the wiring might be a bit of an issue. You will have to find a way to run the wire to probably the footwell lights. That should make them illuminate correctly. I seem to remember coming across someone who swapped his illuminated trim from the factory to a non illuminated carbon sill. So you can retrofit.

On the off chance if someone on here has taken them apart is the non illuminated sill just the same minus the light. Would be a cheap upgrade to just throw a led strip under it and call it a day.

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I went with the R8/Red badge version from eBay mentioned earlier. Installed in less than 5 minutes and looks cool. Even the wife excited about them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
For what it is worth I think they are all pretty cool, but personally went with the rings as I felt it was a classy look and nod to the brand.

Also I had removed the rings on the hood for a cleaner front end look so seemed a proper mix to have them displayed with the lights on the doors. I believe the door sills themselves have the R8 badging on them already? So again a good mix that seemed to make sense to me overall for the car.

·
Registered
372 Posts
After I saw them, the eBay ones wouldn’t be the same. I had the eBay ones on my gen1 and they did look good, but nothing beats the quality of these OEM ones. The font, clarity, and brightness.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey i know im late, but opinion on this?

·
Registered
56 Posts
21 - 32 of 32 Posts