Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey R8 family, need your help.

I'm looking around at 14'-15' R8 V10 and I wanted to know the main things I should check for before purchasing.

Clutch? Brakes? Tires? Mag Suspension?

Anything specific?

Thank you so much in advance! hoping in the next month I can pull the trigger.

Thanks all! :)

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Some of the big ones include the mag ride, A/C, oil leaks, and clutch... but clearly those are part of a good PPI. If you're planning on getting a quality PPI, I think you'll have all of the "common" issues covered there.

Because a PPI is also just a moment in time inspection, I'd also suggest looking into an extended warranty. Audi Pure Protection Platinum or Fidelity Platinum are both quality options. Plenty of posts on the forum discussing the benefits of either. Be warned, though, that the prices have been rapidly increasing as the actuaries seem to be catching up on what R8's CAN actually cost to repair. :)

Best of luck in your hunt.

·
Registered
957 Posts
All above are true, but you can't really check the A/C. When it fails, if you're lucky, it's just a pressure switch, but when the compressor goes, it goes. Nothing can predict that failure. I will suggest that you use it for a little while every time you drive the car. Apparently, that keeps things circulating and should make it last longer. I'm definitely doing that with my new one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts