Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed something watching a few videos of the R8's

Do any come with the "comfort access" keys. all pics and videos I have seen have the key in it.

Oh and I found a pic of my A5 before I got rid of it last year. just to share, I do miss it I wish the A5 had the power of my CLK 550 coupe. the RS5 will be so bad.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Opps the pic was to big

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
never seen anything other than the cheap and nasty looking bladed key and there's no mention of any alternative in the options lists.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Seems strange to me that the RS4 has the push button start, and the R8 has the crappy flip key. I would have thought that the push button option would be standard on a top end Audi sports car

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone with an 09 have push button? My A5 had it so you would think a 110k plus car should be a given. It can't add that much weight to do the push button.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I mean overall it is a small thing, but LOL when you get used to being lazy and not having to ever fish out your keys it seems bigger then it is.

·
Registered
25 Posts
As was explained to me, the R8 uses the same wiring set up as the A3/TT so that is why it can't have the newer gadgets on the other audi cars

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
so.... they got lazy this time around.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
09 R8 Same Key as other Audi's
09 LP640 Same Key as other Audi's :)

Don't feel bad, my Aston Martin had a Volvo Key and Nav. I'm glad that my Lambo only shares the same key. Push button start was a novelty on some cars but turning that key in both these cars and hearing that heavy duty starter whirring up and then the engine start with a snarl. Can't be beat in my book.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
My buddies '06 Gallardo has the same key. I would love a remote starter!! I could scare the poop out of gawkers ,especially when she's real cold !!!:cool:

·
Registered
156 Posts
i'm sure that the R8 will have the push start probably in the next 1-2 years...esp when they refresh the options year to year.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
I hope you're not thinking about a button you push on the dash loke a Rolls Phantom? This option of remote starting isn't even an option that I heard about for the R8. I could put the set-up in this afternoon if necessary.Who wants added on wiring when it could be done right. Isn't it funny that you still see wire looms on cars? Heck, most intake systems are fly by wire (not a mechanical cable to move the throttles)Copper is expensive so I'll bet the companies don'leave extra wires in the looms.BUT the computer should be able to multi task like a maddog super computer>

1 - 13 of 13 Posts