Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been out today to finalise the paperwork for my new baby.

I was horrified to find out last week that I wouldn't be able to place an order through my Porsche dealers for a GT2 as their one car had already been placed and unbelivably there won't be anymore coming to the UK - which I find bizarre as the 996 GT2 wasn't sold in such limited numbers.

Anyway, cutting to the chase, instead of being able to bide my time and place an order a bit later in the year, some of this years (yet to arrive) bonus has already been blown on a 997 GT2 which (unfortunately) is being middled by my "friendly" broker for a healthy few % ontop of list.

Having said that, it's in as near as dammit the colour/spec I wanted, white with GT2 decals (black) and matching wheels, has full leather, Ext Nav, Bose and Chrono and should be here by late April.

Best bit is the resale on the R8 which is going to part fund the purchase - a total loss of less than 6% on purchase, which for a well used 6,000+ miler aint too bad in my book. Spec and colour combo were factors in achieving decent resale I was informed!!

Would I be right in thinking that I'm not the only one on here (in the UK) selling at the moment too???

Don't get me wrong, there are very few cars (within my price range) that I would swap my R8 for, the GT2 is one of those, and I've had to act now or miss out altogether. :(

Cheers.

Paul.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Excellent Paul.

I am picking up a 997 GT2 from Porsche in a few days time and will be filming a drive story with it for most of next week. We will be making a whole load of videos, sound-files and pictures available in a few weeks time, so I will be sure to post a link. :D

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
congrats, hope the gt2 delivers above your expectations :)

Given some people will have had their cars for 6 months plus, wouldn't surprise me at all if a number hit the market for sale as people look to cashout while the demand is still strong enough to yield either mild depreciation or even a slight profit.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excellent Paul.

I am picking up a 997 GT2 from Porsche in a few days time and will be filming a drive story with it for most of next week. We will be making a whole load of videos, sound-files and pictures available in a few weeks time, so I will be sure to post a link. :D
I'll look forward to it, can't seem to get much info at all on the car at the moment (think next months Evo has a test??). Thanks.

congrats, hope the gt2 delivers above your expectations :)

Given some people will have had their cars for 6 months plus, wouldn't surprise me at all if a number hit the market for sale as people look to cashout while the demand is still strong enough to yield either mild depreciation or even a slight profit.
I reckon you're right, but I'd be surprised if you get anyone making a profit on an R8 these days.

Unfortunately I don't have such an understanding (or stupid) wife who could be convinced that I really needed to keep the R8 to run as well as the GT2, so selling was the only option to keep the peace at home!! Having said that, I did my research on 2nd hand prices (where I noticed one of our fellow contributers cars for sale) and had a good idea where I would be on trade in value - and it's always a nice surprise to find that you've not been fleeced by depreciation (too much anyway!!)

Cheers.

Paul.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yes, EVO has a test of it, but we will be taking a different angle, so there should be plenty for you to enjoy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts