Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a non-plus '17. It has two buttons for Start/Stop and Drive Select. I want to replace them with 4-button set (from plus) so that I can control the exhaust.

Has any one done that? Is it a plug and play or does ECU need to be reprogrammed?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I went through the wiring diagrams and did not see anything specific for plus buttons vs the ones on the standard. I may have missed the wiring differences but it is quite possible that it is just a setting somewhere.

I've ordered the replacement part. When I receive it, I'll plug them in and see if I can make any progress.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I am hoping to do the same on my 22 RWD since I mistakenly did not add the sport exhaust option. When you say ordered replacement part, don’t you need to replace the full steering wheel to go from 2 to 4 buttons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
I went through the wiring diagrams and did not see anything specific for plus buttons vs the ones on the standard. I may have missed the wiring differences but it is quite possible that it is just a setting somewhere.

I've ordered the replacement part. When I receive it, I'll plug them in and see if I can make any progress.
I am hoping to do the same on my 22 RWD since I mistakenly did not add the sport exhaust option. When you say ordered replacement part, don’t you need to replace the full steering wheel to go from 2 to 4 buttons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mistakenly?????? Lolol

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Something about my car feels different. I can tell you what (and how) but it is gonna cost ya.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel Personal luxury car

Tested the start/stop, drive select, and most importantly, the one with the glasses :) (it does flip the exhaust mode between sport and normal.) The chessboard one is to be tested tomorrow. :unsure:

Edit: grammar

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just tested, the performance button does not work.I am not really surprised. The the exhaust one controls the flaps in both sport and comfort modes. I am happy. 👍

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No, the performance button shares the same housing as the drive select. However, it is wort trying to use the older drive select button (i.e. disconnect the new one on the left and connect the old one.) I have a feeling it will work.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yah, that is what I'm talking about. Leaving the single Drive Select as is, and only replacing the Start / Stop button to get the Exhaust feature.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts