Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, after 20 months on "the list", my dealer called and asked me to come in next week to "write my order" for a Sept. delivery!!! Happy Day!

I thought I had it pretty well thought out (V8, MT,Jet Blue w. std. silver blade, Limestone Leather, etc.), though I'm still vacillating about an "Exclusive" color choice. But no one can help me with that...just have to decide!

BUT, the newly circulated Order Guide has a couple of "new" tweaks.
The one I'm wondering about is "piano black interior inlays." I know this one
has been around before (perhaps as an option in the UK?) since I recall seeing it mentioned. But I can't seem to turn up a picture or any more info about it.

Does anyone have the "piano black inlays"? Could anyone supply a picture or point me to one?

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
I do not know of any pictures of it yet. According to the UK Spec/Price Sheet, the piano black pieces are the exact same nine locations as the carbon interior (doors, dash & center console). If you look at www.audi.co.uk and get info about the R8 5.2, you should see the PDF listed under the related links. There is a thread on this forum that has a link to the PDF, if you want to see it that way.

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for that suggestion. Actually, the UK Brochure is quite helpful...much better than the US version. But I was hoping someone has a picture of a car that actually has the "piano black inlays" installed. I've seen lots of pictures and a couple of actual cars with the carbon fiber, but
never actually seen the black. Just curious as to how it looks. I am not a carbon fiber fan! Just a personal taste, but I don't care for the look.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Good lookin' out! The piano black is tons nicer than the silver most have.(IMO).I have a few pieces that are still silver(not C.F. like the rest of the interior)) If it was simple I would have the remaining silver peices changed to Piano black ones. Thanks Bro.:) Why isn't there a U.S. version PDF ??

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Good lookin' out! The piano black is tons nicer than the silver most have.(IMO).I have a few pieces that are still silver(not C.F. like the rest of the interior)) If it was simple I would have the remaining silver peices changed to Piano black ones. Thanks Bro.:) Why isn't there a U.S. version PDF ??
because the US site has not been updated to show the 2010 cars yet. Maybe one of these days they will do it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts