Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for so many questions on this subject but i am starting to feel like i do not trust my dealership. One minute carbon accessories are available and next minute they are not.. So here is the question, how many of you have actually recieved there cars with carbon?

·
Registered
41 Posts
i still don't believe the carbon fiber is shortage issue from supplier. More like a warranty issue. btw, i don't have carbon. i would love to have it but still happy with the car. u can order them later if u want it but securing the allocation is more important imo.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The AoA US option list for the R8 has NEVER had the Engine CF or Interior CF as available options. The early orders had CF Side blades as a $2,000 option, however that option was very quickly removed and those order already placed were informed that their car would be delayed if the CF Side blades were not removed from their pending order. I choose to leave the CF Side blades on my order and I was fortunate to receive my car with the CF Side blades.

I opted to order and install the CF Engine Trim and the CF Interior Trim on a piece by piece basis at a significant cost. IMHO the price is justified and worth every penny based on the physical appearance and statement the CF makes in the engine bay alone.

It is highly unlikely that many (if any) of the forseeable AoA US R8 orders will be received with the CF Side blades, little alone the Engine or Interior CF options. As stated above, the R8 is worth receiving without the CF options, so don't pass the opportunity, I certainly would not!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies... Well I am on the list but am just gonna tell them to cancel the carbon which they said will bring it to a year wait list....did you order the CF interior and engine bay from an Audi dealer or did you order it from another source? Do you think that it will still be possible to order the carbon separate... I saw it with and without and well the carbon just.....well u know

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
out of curiosity how much extra was the CF for our engine and interior trim...Did the dealer install it?

·
Registered
104 Posts
thanks for the replies... Well I am on the list but am just gonna tell them to cancel the carbon which they said will bring it to a year wait list....did you order the CF interior and engine bay from an Audi dealer or did you order it from another source? Do you think that it will still be possible to order the carbon separate... I saw it with and without and well the carbon just.....well u know

I had the selling dealer spec and install the CF components. You can figure the total installed cost for the engine and interior at about $10K. The complete dash must be removed to install the monoposto trim (aroun the instrument cluster). Labor to install the interior is much more than the engine trim labor. While I did not have to deal with the CF side blades since they were on my car at delivery, I understand the cost to be in the $6K range not including labor.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had the selling dealer spec and install the CF components. You can figure the total installed cost for the engine and interior at about $10K. The complete dash must be removed to install the monoposto trim (aroun the instrument cluster). Labor to install the interior is much more than the engine trim labor. While I did not have to deal with the CF side blades since they were on my car at delivery, I understand the cost to be in the $6K range not including labor.
I paid 9900.00 just for the parts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
10K just for parts did the dealer install the parts and how much if u dont mind me asking...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts