Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know why Audi didn't put a Memory button for the drivers seat?

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
I guess they wanted to save money and weight. Also most R8 owners do not have multiple drivers so there is little need. It may not be true, but that is my hypothesis.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
I would have appreciated a seat memory too since my wife drives the car - and quite well I might add! I think it was a real oversight on Audi's part - no excuses!

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
More importantly to me...Cooled seats.Sure the air has to be cooled 'cuz of the engine bay radiating its heat everywhere.The cab does get hot and I sure wish....I would much rather have this than that!!!!!:eek:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The R8 is mostly driven by me:D, but DH occasionally "is allowed" to take it:rolleyes: But, I do slide the seat all the way back every time I exit...It would just be easier to push a button and have it in the last position set. I was just so surprised at the lack of. I must of looked at the owners manual 10 times thinking I had to be missing it! Oh well..... add the cooling seats and it would be perfect!!!!:cool:

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
This is the one complaint I have with the car - a major oversight IMO..

The feature makes it so much easier to get in and out - the seat goes all the way back and the steering wheel can retract in and tilt up..

Last car had 2 memory settings - one for me and the other for the 2nd driver..

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
I didn't go with electric seats as it's pretty much just me that drives it - I only really see the point of electric seats when they have memory and multiple drivers.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
The R8 is mostly driven by me:D, but DH occasionally "is allowed" to take it:rolleyes: But, I do slide the seat all the way back every time I exit...It would just be easier to push a button and have it in the last position set. I was just so surprised at the lack of. I must of looked at the owners manual 10 tens thinking I had to be missing it! Oh well..... add the cooling seats and it would be perfect!!!!:cool:
We have cooled seats as standard in the UK, it's also know as lack of sunshine ;-)

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Ah yes, where the sun don't shine ! I see now that some memory stuff could add weight.A purist racer would want to be as lite-weight as possible,no?Maybe the R 8 is just a little bit heavy for a race car.But she does everything else well,from a quick jaunt to the market to a quick jaunt to the Gladstones !! (Restaurant at the beach).:) But... seat memory is priceless.(and weightless if you already have electric seats) .I would trade my heated for cooled in a nano-second.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
wouldn't think the memory function would add much weight at all given it'd just be relaying signals to the electric motors which is where the main weight is and they're there whether there's memory or not.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
I was thinking about the extra weight of motors on steering wheel memory,Sorry not:) to be more clear...Need coffee... MNGOLFER1 hit the nail on the head with his first thread!!

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Things I wish they had added:

1) Memory Seats
2) Mirrors that auto adjust down when you backup, as an option via the mirror control switch. Helps see what is around you in tight places. I know the camera is great, but I have grown to love that feature on my past BMWs.
3) Cooled Seats
4) Push Button Start. That key is so antiquated and wrong for this type of car.
5) New Nav (hard drive based)/MMI system. Allow other audio formats than just MP3s on the SD cards. This is supposed to be a supercar/flagship type of car. Put in the newest features.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
The wish list could be a mile long if we all combined our wishes!!:)

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
I wonder if someone could determine a way to add seat memory and cooling for completely new seats? OEMPLUS?

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Don't think so, both those options would need to be connected to the CANBUS and so would be a tough retro-fit. Suggest it is likely to be for the R8 v2 if they ever make one....

·
Registered
62 Posts
It really bugs me that Audi skimped on several features for their "Halo car" when other lesser Audi models have them... memory seats, color DIC display, more advanced MMI, option of bi-color seats and stitching or alcantara door inserts (S5).

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
My initial reaction was "I miss the color DIC on my 07 S4" but after my gf pointed out that she thought it made for a cleaner, simpler dash, it is actually kind of growing on me. Something to be said for simplicity and clean lines and less distraction for this kind of vehicle. She thought the color arrows were distracting and I am starting to agree. As long as it is high resolution, monochrome is fine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts