Audi R8 Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Replaced the injectors with 079906036AD (originals were 079906036G). Few revisions later ...
Also replaced the fuel injector clips with 06D133036K (a bit of a design difference from the originals 06D133036H)
thank you and for the coils, did you go with oem or something aftermarket? I saw NGK makes a set I thought would be nice to match the NGK plugs

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
I'm about to order a set of NGK plugs and was wondering the same thing. Lot's of options for coils on Rockauto. Probably just go with the NGK set to match the plugs.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)

Finally had time to change out the plugs today. Passenger side was a lot easier even though the coolant reservoir was in the way. Driver's side was a total pain in the ass. Make sure you have the 3 inch 3/8 socket extension otherwise you will have no room for the wrench to move.

Test drove the car and I felt the car definitely pulled stronger.

One other thing I wanted to mention is that the manual calls for 30 NM for the plugs, which is a lot more compared to the torque that was required to remove my old set, which are the originals from the factory. Does anyone know why that is? I would say my factory plugs are perhaps 15-20 NM.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Thanks for sharing that. Did you bother with the coils?
Your polished hose clamps look very nice 👍🏾.

Curious about the torque settings as well.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I didn't change the coils this time. I believe if I ever need to get in there again I would take half of the time. With 30 Nm I felt like I was over torquing, but I guess perhaps at the factory they were under torqued.

Thanks for sharing that. Did you bother with the coils?
Your polished hose clamps look very nice 👍🏾.

Curious about the torque settings as well.

·
Registered
136 Posts
they come pre-gapped. I would NOT adjust them as you may break off the tip!
That should never happen if you're using the correct gapping tool. Precious metal plugs require the use of the wire type plug gapping tool. You should not / must not use the old coin type of gapping tool on any precious metal plugs. Old coin type should only be used on older style copper plugs.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts