Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I went today to my local Audi dealership here to take a look at a "Not For Sale, Factory Owned R8." It was a regular Manual/Basic model and they quickly gave me a little tour of it since I had requested to actually see one. Oh! ya and since I was in a hurry....I totally forgot to ask them to start the engine to hear the vehicle.....:mad:

Anyway, I am trying to figure out what would be the best route to take so that I can aquire a Fully Loaded R-tronic R8? Most of the dealers everywhere are giving me the same answer, "Very Rare That They Come Around & Takes More Than A Year To Receive Your Own Custom R8."

Some dealerships want to charge me 170 grand (USD) for one. Now keep in mind I am in Los Angeles, California and not in some hill billy town lol.

My question to you all is.....What is the best way to get an R8 fast and not pay double the price for it either?

Any tips or info would be greatly appreciated......Thanks!

I apologize if this is a re-post in any way!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Which continent are you on?
Ummm... I believe LA, California is in N.America...:confused: :confused: :confused:

:p

skycap... just ring up every dealer (can you also get it from another state?). that's what some of the members diid.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Doh - On my part I looked at his location and didn't see anything - should have read all of the message :(

·
Registered
943 Posts
Fast and cheap don't go together just yet. What I recommend doing is getting on the list for now, and then offering some money to the guy whose comes next. Mine comes next week and a guy called my dealer and offered me 10K for it. I of course declined, but you never know.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi all,

I went today to my local Audi dealership here to take a look at a "Not For Sale, Factory Owned R8." It was a regular Manual/Basic model and they quickly gave me a little tour of it since I had requested to actually see one. Oh! ya and since I was in a hurry....I totally forgot to ask them to start the engine to hear the vehicle.....:mad:

Anyway, I am trying to figure out what would be the best route to take so that I can aquire a Fully Loaded R-tronic R8? Most of the dealers everywhere are giving me the same answer, "Very Rare That They Come Around & Takes More Than A Year To Receive Your Own Custom R8."

Some dealerships want to charge me 170 grand (USD) for one. Now keep in mind I am in Los Angeles, California and not in some hill billy town lol.

My question to you all is.....What is the best way to get an R8 fast and not pay double the price for it either?

Any tips or info would be greatly appreciated......Thanks!

I apologize if this is a re-post in any way!
You have a PM and an email.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Sorry guys for being late in response to this but I have been very busy.

Thanks for the help....I called Houston, Tx and talked to some other dealers. Houston told me that they have 16 ppl on their list to order and once they open the orders they will call me......Am lookin at a 13 to 14 month wait period if I go with them. I am still trying to find someone that can get me one faster....but pref new and not used.

Any further info or tips then please let me know here... Thanks!

@offroad911: You sent a PM but where is the listing info of the car or link if you have one apart from the post here in the forum? I would like more info about the car...Thank You!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sorry guys for being late in response to this but I have been very busy.

Thanks for the help....I called Houston, Tx and talked to some other dealers. Houston told me that they have 16 ppl on their list to order and once they open the orders they will call me......Am lookin at a 13 to 14 month wait period if I go with them. I am still trying to find someone that can get me one faster....but pref new and not used.

Any further info or tips then please let me know here... Thanks!

@offroad911: You sent a PM but where is the listing info of the car or link if you have one apart from the post here in the forum? I would like more info about the car...Thank You!

Which dealership did you call in Houston? I'm one of those 16 :)

·
Registered
104 Posts

Sent you an email...................

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pw78....I have no idea which one it is but its the only one I believe thats selling the car there.

I need you guys to clear something else up for me....I talked to a dealer recently regarding purchasing an 09 R8 and he said that the price is going to increase significantly higher than it is now since Audi never expected this much of a hype for the car....Now usually I don't buy that cuz I know its a sales pitch but so anyof you know if the prices is going to increase for the 2009 R8 here in USA?

Thanks!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Pw78....I have no idea which one it is but its the only one I believe thats selling the car there.

I need you guys to clear something else up for me....I talked to a dealer recently regarding purchasing an 09 R8 and he said that the price is going to increase significantly higher than it is now since Audi never expected this much of a hype for the car....Now usually I don't buy that cuz I know its a sales pitch but so anyof you know if the prices is going to increase for the 2009 R8 here in USA?

Thanks!
The MY09 Order guide has already seen a $3,500 base price increase from $109K for the 6MT to $112,500 and from $118 R-Tronic to $122K. While the Audi webiste does not show this increase, the printed order guides do. One could logically expect the options to see increases as well since the US price on the R8 is sgnificantly less than the rest of the world.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the info offroad!

What color combos is this car available in if pre-ordered? If you guys have any pics then please show them so I can see which ones suits me best. Thanks!

·
Registered
604 Posts
When they increased the List Price of the R8 in October the cost of the options stayed the same...

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
The MY09 Order guide has already seen a $3,500 base price increase from $109K for the 6MT to $112,500 and from $118 R-Tronic to $122K. While the Audi webiste does not show this increase, the printed order guides do. One could logically expect the options to see increases as well since the US price on the R8 is sgnificantly less than the rest of the world.
any info on v-10 price in that guide?
TIA

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
the v10 hasn't been officially announced yet - just heaps of rumors.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks CL but I was hoping someone would post pic combos that are available since I am really looking forward to ordering one and would like to make sure that I am getting a good color because I don't want a standard Black/Black/Black color. If anyone has some pics of the color combos available then please show them here. It will be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Heres a quick montage of most of the color combos

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
you could always try going to flickr.com and searching for audi r8 - there are thousands of pics there.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts