Audi R8 Forums banner

Quick R8 Purchasing Question....

7K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  R8-Skycap 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I went today to my local Audi dealership here to take a look at a "Not For Sale, Factory Owned R8." It was a regular Manual/Basic model and they quickly gave me a little tour of it since I had requested to actually see one. Oh! ya and since I was in a hurry....I totally forgot to ask them to start the engine to hear the vehicle.....:mad:

Anyway, I am trying to figure out what would be the best route to take so that I can aquire a Fully Loaded R-tronic R8? Most of the dealers everywhere are giving me the same answer, "Very Rare That They Come Around & Takes More Than A Year To Receive Your Own Custom R8."

Some dealerships want to charge me 170 grand (USD) for one. Now keep in mind I am in Los Angeles, California and not in some hill billy town lol.

My question to you all is.....What is the best way to get an R8 fast and not pay double the price for it either?

Any tips or info would be greatly appreciated......Thanks!

I apologize if this is a re-post in any way!

See less See more
#3 ·
Ummm... I believe LA, California is in N.America...:confused: :confused: :confused:

:p

skycap... just ring up every dealer (can you also get it from another state?). that's what some of the members diid.

#5 ·
Fast and cheap don't go together just yet. What I recommend doing is getting on the list for now, and then offering some money to the guy whose comes next. Mine comes next week and a guy called my dealer and offered me 10K for it. I of course declined, but you never know.

#7 ·
You have a PM and an email.

#8 · (Edited)
Sorry guys for being late in response to this but I have been very busy.

Thanks for the help....I called Houston, Tx and talked to some other dealers. Houston told me that they have 16 ppl on their list to order and once they open the orders they will call me......Am lookin at a 13 to 14 month wait period if I go with them. I am still trying to find someone that can get me one faster....but pref new and not used.

Any further info or tips then please let me know here... Thanks!

@offroad911: You sent a PM but where is the listing info of the car or link if you have one apart from the post here in the forum? I would like more info about the car...Thank You!

#11 ·
Pw78....I have no idea which one it is but its the only one I believe thats selling the car there.

I need you guys to clear something else up for me....I talked to a dealer recently regarding purchasing an 09 R8 and he said that the price is going to increase significantly higher than it is now since Audi never expected this much of a hype for the car....Now usually I don't buy that cuz I know its a sales pitch but so anyof you know if the prices is going to increase for the 2009 R8 here in USA?

Thanks!

#12 ·
The MY09 Order guide has already seen a $3,500 base price increase from $109K for the 6MT to $112,500 and from $118 R-Tronic to $122K. While the Audi webiste does not show this increase, the printed order guides do. One could logically expect the options to see increases as well since the US price on the R8 is sgnificantly less than the rest of the world.

#17 ·
Thanks CL but I was hoping someone would post pic combos that are available since I am really looking forward to ordering one and would like to make sure that I am getting a good color because I don't want a standard Black/Black/Black color. If anyone has some pics of the color combos available then please show them here. It will be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

#20 ·
you could always try going to flickr.com and searching for audi r8 - there are thousands of pics there.

#22 ·
Thanks randombloke for the pic suggestion and the pic. I am debating btw a Jet Blue with Oxygen Silver side or a darker color with a carbon fiber side....It's really tough since I am trying to see what looks good but at the same time I don't want to copy anybody else or atleast try my best not too.

What do you guys think the car looks best in, interior & exterior? Let me know because I am having a serious dilemmas.

Thanks!

#23 ·
It's really tough since I am trying to see what looks good but at the same time I don't want to copy anybody else or atleast try my best not too.
that's going to be hard with so few standard options - you really need to go audi exclusive to get something unique.

as for what looks best that's very much a personal decision - I think the car looks good in most combinations. Personally I love red/carbon, grey/silver, black/silver, silver/carbon as well as my own combo and like all the interiors including the brown (although wish it was a bit more integrated rather than being just the seats).

#24 ·
Hmmm.....I really found one color combo that is high on my list and that is this one below but I don't if the lighter color on the bottum part of the doors is a different color rather just a lighting used for the picture but then again I coule be wrong. If it were lighting then I would really try a 2 tone color but am not sure Audi will do that...what do u guys think?

R8-Skycap

#27 ·
the pic is too large is why it's not uploading - that pic is 356k but the site limits
jpg to 98k

that looks like standard daytona grey/quartz blades to me just with some weird lighting on the doors.

#28 ·
Yup the wierd lightings actually make it look much nicer. Maybe even to the point where you would start thinkking of a 2 tone effect on your R8 no?

Anyway this sunday I should be going in to make my final decissions so any last tips would be greatly appreciated......Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.