Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Apparently the aftermarket for our R8 is growing everyday. Just saw this post from QS about their new titanium prototype. 53 lbs lighter than the stock exhaust. Looks great.

·
Registered
172 Posts
this thing is gonna be loud!!!, by the looks of it......it looks like straight pipes.....Im sure there gonna lose some torque in the bottom end with that.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Without the valves system this exhaust will definitely be loud. They quoted me GBP1690 (about USD 2366) for the system which will be available in Feb.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Wow The aftermarket is catching up real fast. When will we start seeing junk available too! Now I am sure we could MAKE our own system ...and from aluminium too.Maybe with an American Flowmaster muffler too. I recently removed the spare tire from my monster truck ( streetable) and noticed better handling,gas mileage and free horsepower.150 lps in weight savings (at least):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:eek:

·
Registered
482 Posts
how many dB? Weight savings pretty significant!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Apparently the aftermarket for our R8 is growing everyday. Just saw this post from QS about their new titanium prototype. 53 lbs lighter than the stock exhaust. Looks great.

Are you sure that is Titanium??

It sure looks like Stainless steel??

It is hard to tell with it installed what parts you are getting for $2300, but it it is just the collector and exit tubing even for titanium that is a lot.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have no affiliation with them. But I was told only the muffler is Titanium. Regardless the weight saving is still huge and much needed for our cars..

09R8, I have no idea about db.

·
Registered
226 Posts
seems the average is 100-105db at 5-6K. Their website has a few videos. Just my opinion, but most of the cars sounded too nasal. just my opinion.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Would LOVE to give this one a listen !!! The R 8 version ,of course.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just got the QuickSilver exhaust installed.
I will post videos soon, but for the moment I can say that is loud, and it sound very very similar than the Capristo without the valve.
It is very very light and u can feel the weightless + a little more Hp on the car.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
A new thread could be : "Aftermarket R 8 Exhaust Shoot-out...Which is best?":D

·
Registered
340 Posts
I will post videos soon, but for the moment I can say that is loud, and it sound very very similar than the Capristo without the valve.
It is very very light and u can feel the weightless + a little more Hp on the car.
Awaiting your video soon.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
My Miltek makes a FAT nasal sound .More like a big block Chevy.Definitely NOT European sounding.And I bet this is what makes Audi proud.GERMAN exhaust !! I don't mind setting off an occasional car alarm or even a few alarms at once !! I ve been driving an inline 5 cyl H3 for a week now and I sure miss my "Audi." (NEVER thought I would say that) Never been an Audi fan...but the old commercials showing an Audi race car getting air and mention of Quatro did interest me.WAS always a Porsche nut...But not so much anymore.There are some fuelly Mustangs around town that scream wicked like our cars too

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
WOULD LOVE TO SEE A VIDEO POST!!

Any other thoughts so far on your purchase.:)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sorry guys, it is been raining very hard for the last week, and I want to make a good sound track that get as close to hear it in person.
My toughs so far are:
Is been two weeks since I installed the exhaust, I had loud cars before so I tough that it was not going to affect me a "little of loud sound"........I was wrong!, the car is loud, loud as the PPI without the Valve.
At first I was thinking on swap it back, but I got more used with the time.
Let's not confuse, the exhaust is excelent, it sound amazing at high revs, passing 3000 rpm.
My only complain is that when the car start in cold, for a few second is super loud on the garage, very very loud.
When it warm up , sounds more muscle car, then after 4000 RPM comes the "european" sound. I track the car once a month, but I also use it as a daily driving car, doing close to 40 miles a day.
Now that I got used to it, I drive on the neiborhood using high gears to get the sound low, if not, every car alarm will sound.
If u do a lot of highway and u want to have a good conversation or listen to the stereo, it is going to be too loud, at 6000 RPM makes enough noise that it make u turn the volume up on the stereo in order to hear it.
To conclude I have to say that I have mixed feelings on this exhaust, I have to admit that I got this exhaust primary because the price "U$S 2600 with shipping to USA", but with the time is been growing on me a lot at the point that I can't live without it.
If u are the guy that want to have a conversation with wife/girlfriend/hooker in the car, this is not the car for u, get something with a VALVE.
Please let me know if u have more questions.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Appears to be just what I am after...over 6000 revs I can't hear my wife talking.Thanks for thoughts so far.:D

1 - 20 of 42 Posts