Audi R8 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Re: QuickSilver Active Titan Exhaust. The British built monster for your R8 Gen 1 & I

What would be the price of the exhaust for a gen 1 V8?
Hi Andy,

We offer two varients for the Gen 1 V8. The Titan SuperSport (Titanium silencer, non-valved) is £2,280 + UK VAT (as I see you're in Plymouth)

Our Active Titan (Titanium Silencer, with valves) is £2,880 + VAT

On a V8 the QuickSilver Exhaust is crisp, defined with loads of character. It completely transforms the car. The video below shows a QuickSilver R8 V8 with a variety of other supercars. On one of the first launches the Corvette behind is rendered virtually silent :D

Feel free to DM me if you'd like to discuss further.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Re: QuickSilver Active Titan Exhaust. The British built monster for your R8 Gen 1 & I

I installed one on my car last week , crazy amount of work to change exhaust on these cars.

https://youtu.be/vSnbFhnt8s0

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts

I installed one on my car last week , crazy amount of work to change exhaust on these cars.

https://youtu.be/vSnbFhnt8s0
Excellent photo of the OEM and Quicksilver together, shows exactly how the weight saving is achieved.

·
Registered
324 Posts

Excellent photo of the OEM and Quicksilver together, shows exactly how the weight saving is achieved.
Thanks . Stock exhaust was 71lbs with lower mounting brackets [ lower brackets aren't used with quicksilver exhaust] , quicksilver was 37lbs so 34lb weight savings

47 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

Thanks . Stock exhaust was 71lbs with lower mounting brackets [ lower brackets aren't used with quicksilver exhaust] , quicksilver was 37lbs so 34lb weight savings
Indeed! We've never used the lower brackets on account of our system being so much lighter than stock. Weight saving also comes from the titanium silencer!

·
Registered
27 Posts

@quicksilver, I have sent you a private message a few days ago and received no response.

47 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

I believe this is a QS Valved Titan system on a manual V8 going through Hindhead. Recorded from the interior dashcam, with the radio on too. Quite loud!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qK45ZyHhjw
Less than 5 minutes from our office, we probably heard you!

47 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

Any r8talk specials on the gen 2 systems?
Next-day, FOC shipping with your order for R8 Talk members. Saving you hundreds of dollars!

Feel free to DM me to arrange a quote. We have AU389A Gen II Active Titan's in stock for immediate dispatch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can you sent me the pricing with valve for Gen 1 R8 v10 year 2012 ( r-tronic) , location to Malaysia !

47 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

Can you sent me the pricing with valve for Gen 1 R8 v10 year 2012 ( r-tronic) , location to Malaysia !
Have DM'd you with pricing on your V10 R-Tronic.

Here's a video of the QuickSilver Active Titan System on a V10 R-Tronic (white car) vs stock V10 Plus (blue car) side by side.

Massive difference in tone and volume!

·
Registered
324 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Whoa ! That is awesome!

Have DM'd you with pricing on your V10 R-Tronic.

Here's a video of the QuickSilver Active Titan System on a V10 R-Tronic (white car) vs stock V10 Plus (blue car) side by side.

Massive difference in tone and volume!

·
Registered
150 Posts

Quicksilver.... I have the active titan exhaust on my '14 V10 plus...is there a way to visually see if the exhaust valves are opening or closing? Also, which way is open (loud)? On or Off? I honestly cannot hear a difference when I push either button! Wondering if the company that installed mine even hooked it up correctly?!

21 - 40 of 57 Posts