Audi R8 Forums banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Re: QuickSilver Active Titan Exhaust. The British built monster for your R8 Gen 1 & I

On mine, "On" closes the valves, making it just slightly quieter. I never close them and I believe that leaving them on (closed) one time was the cause of a battery drain I had. I've not had the problem again by leaving them off (open).

That beind said, OMG! I've got about 3.5k miles on my GT version QuickSilver Titan, and I swear it just keeps sounding better and better. Is this possible? It is the perfect loudness for me without the valves, and it's not rowdy when pulling into the neighborhood. 4krpm is harmonious, and up around 9krpm it screams like an F1! I don't know what engineering went into these, but kudos!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Re: QuickSilver Active Titan Exhaust. The British built monster for your R8 Gen 1 & I

Thanks....yeah I've messed with the button and I personally can't really tell a difference with them "on" or "off".... that's why I asked. Was hoping Quicksilver would chime in for certainty. Is there any way to physically see the valves actuating? Either way, I do agree..."on" or "off"... it does sound amazing!!!

·
Registered
265 Posts

Thanks....yeah I've messed with the button and I personally can't really tell a difference with them "on" or "off".... that's why I asked. Was hoping Quicksilver would chime in for certainty. Is there any way to physically see the valves actuating? Either way, I do agree..."on" or "off"... it does sound amazing!!!
Maybe your valves aren't hooked up . There is a big difference in exhaust sound with valves open or closed on my 17 R8 . Yes you can see the valves working if you go to the back of the car , have someone press the exhaust button

42 Posts
Discussion Starter #45

Hello! Just picked up your comment. There should be an audible difference with the valve open / closed. The facelift Gen 1 R8's have a slightly smoother transition between valves open / closed as they empty in to the same 3" big-bore outlet.

You should be able to note the arm on your valve actuator opening / closing as it's switched by peering through the rear grille. These pneumatic valves are bulletproof, and both valves not functioning is generally symptomatic of a vacuum failure upstream (R8's do have a habit of cooking their own vacuum lines).

Things to check: Battery in the remote, power to the valve control module (that's it's wired in correctly), that the vacuum lines are intact and free from leaks.

We recommend visiting your installer to confirm. Delighted to hear you're loving the sound!

QS

42 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

On mine, "On" closes the valves, making it just slightly quieter. I never close them and I believe that leaving them on (closed) one time was the cause of a battery drain I had. I've not had the problem again by leaving them off (open).

That beind said, OMG! I've got about 3.5k miles on my GT version QuickSilver Titan, and I swear it just keeps sounding better and better. Is this possible? It is the perfect loudness for me without the valves, and it's not rowdy when pulling into the neighborhood. 4krpm is harmonious, and up around 9krpm it screams like an F1! I don't know what engineering went into these, but kudos!
Thank you so much for your kind words! Answer ref the engineering on page 1 :)

Our unique twist on the X-Pipe is the reason QuickSilver-equipped R8's are one of the closest things to an F1 car you'll hear on the street. Like a fine wine they do get better with age!

·
Registered
265 Posts

41 - 50 of 50 Posts