Audi R8 Forums banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Thanks for the reply guys.

That’s way too loud for an early morning start up, but perfect for the road, I’d have to go active exhaust. :D
I'm not sure the active will be that great either. I have it and both my wife and myself cannot tell the difference between when the valves are open and when they are closed. Have talked to quite a few others and they can't tell much difference either. Love the sound but wish I would've just gotten the non-valved version and saved money.

55 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I'm not sure the active will be that great either. I have it and both my wife and myself cannot tell the difference between when the valves are open and when they are closed. Have talked to quite a few others and they can't tell much difference either. Love the sound but wish I would've just gotten the non-valved version and saved money.

I seem to recall your car is a Gen 1 Facelift V10? Your system (AU277T) empties in to a 76mm single outlet which means there's more blending between valve cycles, but there should be an audible difference! Decibels are only half the story, and the silenced pass also cuts frequencies at the lower end of the spectrum.

If you really can’t hear any difference – check your vacuum lines for boost leaks. More common than you think on Gen 1 R8’s and it stops the pneumatic valves from actuating.

This video demonstrates the usual QuickSilver valve difference.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I seem to recall your car is a Gen 1 Facelift V10? Your system (AU277T) empties in to a 76mm single outlet which means there's more blending between valve cycles, but there should be an audible difference! Decibels are only half the story, and the silenced pass also cuts frequencies at the lower end of the spectrum.

If you really can’t hear any difference – check your vacuum lines for boost leaks. More common than you think on Gen 1 R8’s and it stops the pneumatic valves from actuating.

This video demonstrates the usual QuickSilver valve difference.

I have honestly not noticed a difference since it was installed (installed by a Quicksilver certified dealer/installer-GMP Performance in Charlotte, NC). I assume the rear bumper would have to come back off just to check the vacuum lines for leaks? Also, wouldn't I have a code if I had a vacuum leak? Is there any way to see the actuator for the valves from the back of the car without removing anything to see if they're physically working?

55 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I have honestly not noticed a difference since it was installed (installed by a Quicksilver certified dealer/installer-GMP Performance in Charlotte, NC). I assume the rear bumper would have to come back off just to check the vacuum lines for leaks? Also, wouldn't I have a code if I had a vacuum leak? Is there any way to see the actuator for the valves from the back of the car without removing anything to see if they're physically working?
Good guys at GMP. We know them well and have worked together for nearly a decade.

Yes, you can check this without removing the bumper. I'll DM you with instructions.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Was wondering, is there a way I can add a Valve Control Fob to my QuickSilver Exhaust Titan SuperSport as you guys can imagine how loud it gets? funny how car alarms go off inside parking structures if not easy on the throttle.

OT
4.2 V8 fsi (2008)

55 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Was wondering, is there a way I can add a Valve Control Fob to my QuickSilver Exhaust Titan SuperSport as you guys can imagine how loud it gets? funny how car alarms go off inside parking structures if not easy on the throttle.

OT
4.2 V8 fsi (2008)
Hello! The Titan SuperSport is a non-valved system (and probably one of the loudest on the market). A fob cannot be retrofitted as there's no alternative provision for the gasses on a non-valved system.

Our Sound Architect (valved) systems for Gen 1 cars are product code: AU330A (2007-12) and AU277T (12-14 facelift) should you wish to purchase an active system.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts