Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My car is currently at the Audi dealership for regular servicing.
I've mostly enjoyed the bulky gear shifting on my R8, but do wish that it was a little smoother at times. I read here on the forum that many have gone for the software upgrade/reflash which has changed their lives.

So, I asked the dealership for the software upgrade, and they came back saying:
"there is a software upgrade available but it matches with new clutch pack, your car has the old clutch pack, if we upgrade the software it might damage it."

My question is - does this make sense? I always thought the Rtronic was never upgraded by Audi, and I was not aware there are 2 variants of the clutch as the message from Audi claims.

Any information here is helpful. I would really like to go through with the software upgrade, but not if it can damage the clutch.

·
Premium Member
2008 V8 R8
56 Posts
Get a hold of User Id: ULTIMATEPD,he has been selling the tune for awhile and get get you info on variations and I also put one on my car-they work great (it should have come from the factory with this tune) Rich

·
Registered
659 Posts
I cannot answer your question from a tech standpoint. But, there is definitely a difference between the rtronic in my 11 V10 and my 08 V8. The 11 is much quicker. So, there very well may be a difference.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Get a hold of User Id: ULTIMATEPD,he has been selling the tune for awhile and get get you info on variations and I also put one on my car-they work great (it should have come from the factory with this tune) Rich
Thanks Rich - what did you put on your car
Thanks spitfun. When you say "I also put one on my car" do you mean the update from Audi, or the tune from UltimatePD?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Let us know how it all goes with the upgrade / flash if you get it done . Might get mine done .

·
Premium Member
2008 V8 R8
56 Posts
Thanks Rich - what did you put on your car

Thanks spitfun. When you say "I also put one on my car" do you mean the update from Audi, or the tune from UltimatePD?
I installed the tune from UltimatePD...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts