Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Looking at an R tronic but it doesnt have the hill hold assist feature. In the brochure it shows it as an £80 option.
Does this mean it may only be a programming feature?
Or somethig that could easily be added?

thanks,

Dave.

·
Registered
20 Posts
hi, my R tronic has hill hold and it's not really that great an option. dont let the lack of the option put you off a car. what the brochure and the manual does not tell you is that the hill hold only works once per stop. it does not hold you for a second time once you take the foot off the brake until the wheels have rotated forwards again. takes a bit of getting used to!

·
Registered
485 Posts
hi, my R tronic has hill hold and it's not really that great an option. dont let the lack of the option put you off a car. what the brochure and the manual does not tell you is that the hill hold only works once per stop. it does not hold you for a second time once you take the foot off the brake until the wheels have rotated forwards again. takes a bit of getting used to!
Note to self, avoid hill.... stay on flat surface only when driving the R8

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
For the tiny cost, I'd tick hill hold as an option if I was speccing a new car - but I don't actually rely on it as it doesn't seem to engage on shallow slopes that are still steep enough for the car to roll back (or it could be the double dip issue V8DHA mentioned).

I use the handbrake because I can rely on that to do exactly what I expect it to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts