Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey my cousin has a Ice Silver Metallic Audi R8 and hes looking for some aftermarket rims. I was wondering what you guys recommend? Thanks! Cheers :)

EDIT pics of his car
PPI Razor Kit
PPI Razor Exhaust

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
The nicest performance wheel has got to be the carbon fiber wheel from OEM PLUs. Mag. spokes with C.F. rims. If I could I would give these a try--My kids have to eat.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Lookin at these makes my brain smoke a bit. Is a twenty incher the ultimate? for track or for the street ? I think some R 8s even came with 18" Mine has 19" These are definitely beutiful.Different look too. Photoshopping your look is the best way. Personally ,I like that Carbon rim with Magnesium spokes 'cuz I am convinced about shaving weight...Especially UN-SPRUNG weight ( I beleive the tire and rim weights is called UN-Sprung weight) I think a noticeable performance gain would be felt. Both in faster breaking and acceleration and all handling caracteristics.Beware there is a carbon look wheel out there...Only carbon stickers on the spokes for the look only. Sorry I answered youy question with more questions! Your zip code? 90275 ? Your cousin's R 8 a euro?? Its a bad ass car !!!!!!! And Hey..That's the grill I'm puttin on my car !!! (soon) Hopefully I'll find instructions on disassembly instructions soon. I love my R8... but with that C.F. grill and front glossy C.F.Lower spoiler I will be just about done.I have come up with a way to detail stock rims. But I won't tell untill I hit the streets for a while with this new style.Did you know that your cousin has P.P.I. enhancements all over? My buddy Sener works at P.P.I. in Stuttgart. Give him a call and tell him I said Hello!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lookin at these makes my brain smoke a bit. Is a twenty incher the ultimate? for track or for the street ? I think some R 8s even came with 18" Mine has 19" These are definitely beutiful.Different look too. Photoshopping your look is the best way. Personally ,I like that Carbon rim with Magnesium spokes 'cuz I am convinced about shaving weight...Especially UN-SPRUNG weight ( I beleive the tire and rim weights is called UN-Sprung weight) I think a noticeable performance gain would be felt. Both in faster breaking and acceleration and all handling caracteristics.Beware there is a carbon look wheel out there...Only carbon stickers on the spokes for the look only. Sorry I answered youy question with more questions! Your zip code? 90275 ? Your cousin's R 8 a euro?? Its a bad ass car !!!!!!! And Hey..That's the grill I'm puttin on my car !!! (soon) Hopefully I'll find instructions on disassembly instructions soon. I love my R8... but with that C.F. grill and front glossy C.F.Lower spoiler I will be just about done.I have come up with a way to detail stock rims. But I won't tell untill I hit the streets for a while with this new style.Did you know that your cousin has P.P.I. enhancements all over? My buddy Sener works at P.P.I. in Stuttgart. Give him a call and tell him I said Hello!!
yea i live in southern california but thats my cousins car in Malaysia so he needs help finding rims so my plan is to purchase it here and ship it back. yea his car is pretty much al P.P.I.'d out

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
It won't be much longer 'till i show you my R 8 wheel choice. Stock wheels have been sent out to be fully stripped of all coatings,Fully polished on all visible surfaces and then quadruple black chrome plated. This might look hotter than hell on my Jet blue car. See pics of my R8 in this sites gallery. I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
My wheels came out nice...see my gallery.The Gallardo wheel from '06 might look awesome in Black chrome too.But the nicest wheel out there for mine would be the carbon graphite wheels with magnesium centers.Pure race as well as pure bea:cool:uty!!

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
Those look like they may be the Dymag - magnesium centers with carbon fiber rims. I believe they are approximately USD$2500, each.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Are the wheels that you have for sale the C.F. covers that I see?

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
Are these covers or full wheels?

·
Registered
83 Posts
The wheels are made of 60/61-T6 Forged aluminum hand overlayed in real carbon fiber

360 Forged
CF5ive
20x9.0 front
20x11.0 rear
Chrome lip
Carbon fiber center disc

Pirelli PZero
245-30-20

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Just curious...Do you know the weights of wheels??

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
That is way cool .Thanks for directing us to the real deal. If I had to replace my R 8 wheels this would be my choice.Maybe HRE could use the stock style spokes on carbon fiber drum!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts