Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got 4 sessions in the Audi R8 on the track, and drove it around town the day before. WOW. It didnt make sense on the street, even when running up and down some cool canyons (Laurel Grade just east of Laguna). Very nice car, but a little sterile. Dont get me wrong, it is way fast, very cool, but it didnt grab me by the balls and make me grin. The supercar looks are cool, and it grabs alot of attention, but it lacked a certain something. Once you I got it on the track? Forgetaboutit. AMAZING car. The brakes ROCK. I was holding off braking until after the 2 marker, was off the brakes before I hit the 1 marker, and back on the gas right after apex and reaching for the paddle shifter a split second later. MAJOR go fast with NO drama, no body roll, no detectable electronic intervention. Although after riding along with one of the trackday instructors I realized that the car's systems must have been working overtime to make me look like a good driver. GREAT car. I'm now an Audi fan.

I just need to find one for sale.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
I just finished another track day at Miller Motorsport Raceway in my R8. The Audi R8 is so ridiculously tame and sophisticated on all city expressways and twisty canyon roads, compared to its other unworldly and aggressive personality revealed tp us only on a quality race track. And yet I know 90% of the R8 owners will never experience their car on a track. It is a shame.

Choptop, you are completely correct when you say that the car cannot really be experienced on any canyon road or on any twisty hiway. This car MUST be driven on a track HARD to begin to understand what its all about. It is one incredible machine.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
"Just drop her on some H&R springs, Michelin Cups and some Pagid Pads & prepare to give the Porsche Club something to think about!!"

EXACTLY. The R8 will absolutely trounce most 911s.
There is a new King on the Block and thy name is R8

1 - 4 of 4 Posts