Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of us who don't get to do something like this on any regular basis (or at all!), it's nice to get the virtual experience...

It's a few years old now, but worth the watch time. Man, I love listening to that V10.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Don't have attention span for 8 minutes but from what I did watch that guy definitely drove it like he stole it. Tire squealing on most corners! I had my fun with mine on a track but certainly didn't go 10/10. Can't afford to put it in a wall. Sebring and some autocross action...

Autocross I over pushed the car (figured open runway worse thing is a hurt ego and some cones go down (although I hit none). Ran the car in full ESC off (zero nannies). Lot more careful/smooth at Sebring and did NOT turn ESC off (performance mode so ESC: Sport).

·
Registered
29 Posts
For those of us who don't get to do something like this on any regular basis (or at all!), it's nice to get the virtual experience...

It's a few years old now, but worth the watch time. Man, I love listening to that V10.

Lots of understeer there. I'm hoping the back-ordered Ohlin coilovers help control that on my car. We'll see...

·
Registered
149 Posts
man I miss the ring. I did a taxi lap with an ex vln(now nls) driver in his r8 gt. So much fun

·
Registered
315 Posts
Did my first SCCA Autocross a week ago. I am now fluent in cone.;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I wish I could of had my R8 back when I lived in Germany. Took my Z06 and 5.0 Mustang there quite a few times though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Surprisingly many R8's on the ring, mainly gen2s though. I am there with my Megane RS tracktool at least once a month and always have to roll down my window when they overtake me in Foxhole :cool:
The Renn Taxi R8 is frequently parked accross the street of Apex, but I have never seen it on track :-/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts