Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!! The day before this event I found a bubble in one of my front tires and the only tire I could find in stock was a set of General Tires which were terrible but at least I got to run the event. I went to NJMP Lightning Circuit, with new set of Pirelli Tires yesterday and posted a video on youtube and I will try to post more tonight.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey Plathunter, I was there too in my R8, we spoke a couple of times, I had the silver one. Just bought some CCW 18 in wheels and Toyo RA1 R compounds. Heading to Tremblant next week to try them out. Sorry I won't see you there, it is a grea track. Nice video by the way, good to see someone else driving the car the way it should be driven.

Rich

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Rich, I remember going out with an instructor and seeing you fly by us in your R8 it was great to see. Can you drive to the track on the Toyo RA1s and I take it there is no problem with the wheels clearing the brakes. I heard Tremblant is an amazin track but it is just so far for me. I am going to be going to Pocono on Oct 3 and then Oct 21 & 22 with Audi Club of NJ to NJMP Thunderbolt track.

Lenny

·
Registered
45 Posts
The Toyo's are DOT approved for The street but with the Audi club you must have signed off as a Solo on the track before you can use them, see below. They would be fine on the street but dont expect them to last more than 7-10K I am using mine for the track only. The wheel were custome made at CCWheels.com for a very reasonable price. The said they will clear the brakes and if not, send them back. I am headed back to the Glen at the end of Oct. Enjoy yourself and be safe.

Vehicle must be Registered and Street Legal
Vehicle must be insured
Vehicle must have DOT Street Tires
The following tires, while DOT legal, are prohibited for non-solos:
Avon Tech - R
Avon Tech - RA
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup
BFG Comp T/A R1
BFG Comp T/A R1 gForce
BFG Comp T/A R1/A gForce
BFG Comp T/A Drag Radial
Hankook Z211
Hoosier A3S03
Hoosier R3S03
Hoosier R3S04
Hoosier A3S04
Hoosier A3S05
Hoosier R3S05
Hoosier A6
Hoosier R6
Hoosier Autocrosser/Street TD
Yokohama A032R
Yokohama A022A
Yokohama A008R
Yokohama A048
Kumho V700
Kumho V700 Victoracer
Kumo Ecsta V 700
Kumo Ecsta V710
Goodyear GS-CS
Goodyear AS-CS F1
Nitto NT555R
Toyo Proxes RA-1
Pirelli P Zero "C"
Pirelli P Zero Corsa
Pirelli Corsa
Micky Thompson (ALL)
Any shaved tires or tires with inadequate tread depth

Solo applicants
Vehicle must be Registered and Street Legal
Vehicle must be insured
Vehicle must have DOT legal tires
Instructors
Any tires acceptable

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Rich that really looks like a beautiful and challanging track. I think I am going to need to get up there next year. I was suppose to go to Pocono today but unfortunatly it got canceled because they didn't have enough people but I am looking forward to NJMP Thunderbolt hosted by Audi Club NJ on Oct 21 & 22 any chance you are going and do you have any pics of the wheels?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts